FX-2007: Feb26th > Mar 02nd

Despite having been kicked out at B/E and thus having missed the run down, I'm actually feeling quite chirpy. Mainly it's the relief of not having made a loss!

Two consecutive hammers with rising lows on the 15min, I'm in the reversal camp.

City Bound said:
Despite having been kicked out at B/E and thus having missed the run down, I'm actually feeling quite chirpy. Mainly it's the relief of not having made a loss!

Two consecutive hammers with rising lows on the 15min, I'm in the reversal camp.

That's me blown away at 1.9525. Trust it to bounce now...

if I was trading cable I would fancy 578 down to 476 to start in half an hour

Chow something I was thinking of last night have you ever tested you vebo system using 2nd signal to generate trades? ie setup as normal but dont take the first signaled trade then if the price comes back into the range then trade the breakout signal as you would have done

dc2000 said:
Chow something I was thinking of last night have you ever tested you vebo system using 2nd signal to generate trades? ie setup as normal but dont take the first signaled trade then if the price comes back into the range then trade the breakout signal as you would have done
I haven't tested this, but i think it's a good idea. The 2nd signal trade would occur after the market has revealed it's hand a little more. It's an approach used by Phil Newton in his breakout video on here somewhere, i think. It also has a '3rd wave up/down' angle to it, which seems to repeat regularly during early UK session.

dc2000 said:
if I was trading cable I would fancy 578 down to 476 to start in half an hour

I feel cable will rise but staying out until my MAs crossover. I can't see a fall below 1.95 at the mo.

It looks like today is going to finish off February much the same as the whole month has gone, a miserable one for breakout methods. Vebo has been poor but profitable, Hans 123 has taken a wacking great loss and is down for the year having been over 700 points up at one point in January. Faith is wearing very thin......

Off topic but relevant, what do you reckon the DOW's going to do today? Up a bit more then down again, or the other way round?

Offshore Trader said:
It looks like today is going to finish off February much the same as the whole month has gone, a miserable one for breakout methods. Vebo has been poor but profitable, Hans 123 has taken a wacking great loss and is down for the year having been over 700 points up at one point in January. Faith is wearing very thin......
Yup, not great for breakouts although my b/o method was doing okay until last week. Times like this I think you just scale back the size until things start working in your favour again...

Phil Mibbutz said:
Off topic but relevant, what do you reckon the DOW's going to do today? Up a bit more then down again, or the other way round?

at the moment the Dow is setting up for an early dump and then buy back in the afternoon US session

cable and eurusd seem to have decoupled in correlation lately, with talk in the USA of a possible rate cut in June, one would have thought cable would rush back to its previous highs...Just shows that technical analysis can be a safer option than looking at fundamentals as it showed cable would drop this morning....Any thoughts?

a 10 pip spike above 78 the market will give an exit

and we end back at where we were 6:00 this morning

dc2000 said:
at the moment the Dow is setting up for an early dump and then buy back in the afternoon US session

Another big range, then, but maybe not quite so dramatic as yesterday!

cable back to square one

wonder if we will see a signal for 710 this afternoon

Im not in a position on cable

I am looking for higher than 638 with a pull back to 610 which is where I will enter

dc2000 said:
Im not in a position on cable

I am looking for higher than 638 with a pull back to 610 which is where I will enter
long or short.....i'm just asking cuz i have been trying to follow your trading style.....you seem to be price driven......but just need more details......do you have a written stragie