FX-2007: Apr 16th > Apr 20th

How will GBPUSD fare this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A disappointing Asian session overall, with little or no real direction. A late 30 point move may indicate a steady move higher to the 2.0100 level this morning. However things are not always this clear cut and a possible rapid move lower is a real risk throughout today.

My own trading thoughts only.

TPF

I need it to drop 4 pips to 42 in the next 10 mins to hit an Oanda price box -

Please could you all sell it and shove it down ;)

29Investments said:
I need it to drop 4 pips to 42 in the next 10 mins to hit an Oanda price box -

Please could you all sell it and shove it down ;)

You all bought it right !

Missed by 2 pips :cry:

a little dissapointing on the early move but no worries there is still plenty to come once we reload

and as I type now long again 005 looking for 170s hard stop below 970

also short now on Dow looking for 735

dc2000 said:
and as I type now long again 005 looking for 170s hard stop below 970

also short now on Dow looking for 735

Who did you get 005 with ? Oanda and cmc both have 013 ad the low bid

trendie said:
whatever happened to ChowClown and his VEBO?

I don't know if Chow is still trading but I have followed VEBO all year and it is marginally up but nowhere near the stellar performances seen in the past. Obviously the large Asian ranges seen in the last 5 months have scuppered the fundamental assumption in the system and also the rangebound nature of European cable trade. Recently it has shown signs of coming back to life and I have to say I am encouraged by the fact that it has been marginally in profit in conditions diametrically opposite to those you would want.

Whilst I trade VEBO most of money comes from scalping these days. Incidentally VEBO entries today are 20013 and 20087, the lower one having just been triggered. I fancy DC is right though and think we might have seen the low of the day.

This is deadly. Banked +3 pips so far today. Missed the half decent wobble in cable and that was the best move of the day so far. Market making up for yesterday's superb plays I guess.

trendie said:
whatever happened to ChowClown and his VEBO?
Hello chaps, still here and trading an automated version of VEBO, in fact it's more or less the version SM01 trades over on strategybuilderfx. It was simpler to build in fxengines (the auto-trader i'm currently using) than the original VEBO.

It uses the 4am-8am range (rather than 5-8, again a coding constraint but one i was comfortable with), with a 15 pip breakout filter, a 70 pip initial stoploss with a move to breakeven at +30, TP +150, timed exit 15:55. No entries after 12pm. Performance still in the doldrums these past few weeks and short today from 2.0002.

Also running 4hr swing methods across 7 pairs, using fxengines. Just had a quick squint and Swissy and USD/JPY are the closest contenders from the 7 for longs, but away off entries yet...maybe early next week.

Good trading all.

Simon

hi CC, good to see you are still in the game.

on the 4-hr EURJPY, is there a pin-bar for a short? ( should have posted this at 12-noon, or just before )

trendie said:
hi CC, good to see you are still in the game.

on the 4-hr EURJPY, is there a pin-bar for a short? ( should have posted this at 12-noon, or just before )

it does look like one. but look at your daily chart, and that short would be selling into a massive hammer in an uptrend.

could be. I personally prefer the longs on this pair for now. lets see if it gives an entry around 161.00-20

j

jacinto said:
it does look like one. but look at your daily chart, and that short would be selling into a massive hammer in an uptrend.

could be. I personally prefer the longs on this pair for now. lets see if it gives an entry around 161.00-20

j

good spot!
I get too confused looking at too many time-frames, preferring 4-hrs and 30-mins.
in fact, its pretty strong even on weekly.

The Pearl Fisher said:
A disappointing Asian session overall, with little or no real direction. A late 30 point move may indicate a steady move higher to the 2.0100 level this morning. However things are not always this clear cut and a possible rapid move lower is a real risk throughout today.

My own trading thoughts only.

TPF

A move lower is now on the cards for the remainder of the session, to close out the week sub 2.0000

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:
A move lower is now on the cards for the remainder of the session, to close out the week sub 2.0000

TPF

When posting predictions like this, would it be possible for people to include why they think a given situation will occur. It would be much more useful to others in evaluating whether or not they agree. Also if you have spotted some set up which would be of use to others they can only really act on it if they understand the underlying conditions rather than just an overview "it will go down".

Please dont take this as a criticism in any way, it isnt. Just think we could help each other more by including why (and if possinble when) as well as what. :)

29Investments said:
When posting predictions like this, would it be possible for people to include why they think a given situation will occur. It would be much more useful to others in evaluating whether or not they agree. Also if you have spotted some set up which would be of use to others they can only really act on it if they understand the underlying conditions rather than just an overview "it will go down".

Please dont take this as a criticism in any way, it isnt. Just think we could help each other more by including why (and if possinble when) as well as what. :)
Agree with you 29, but often it is not possible. Looking at todays in-action I can't imagine anything has changed on the charts so it probably comes down to a gut feel from watching what action there has been.

Me, im short DAX 7345. Why, cos currencies are flat don't trust DOW and DAX has had a good run that should get a pullback and I hope it is today. Not very inspiring is it! :)

I have small short in DAX and FTSE as I think there will be a little profit taking this afternoon but I have been long all day so reversing at worst will give away a little of my profit.

On the currencies, it is deathly but worth remembering that the last two Fridays have seen some big moves after 4 p.m.

I've not trusted a short EURUSD signal for about 3 weeks now, while $ devaluation is ongoing....

Crazy DOW!! Had huge trouble last night hanging on to 12800 to book a break even day. Just about managed it in the end, now it's up 120 before the open.