FX-2007: Feb19th > Feb 23th

Where will GBPUSD go this week? (last week was SAME)

• Higher: At least 200 pips higher than last weeks close.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Same: Within 200 pips of last weeks close.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Lower: At least 200 pips lower than last weeks close.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dunno, and dont care

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trendie

Legendary member
New week, new pips.

Last week closed essentially flat, with weekly range of around 240 pips.

This week may start off slowly, what with Presidents Day and all.
the eco-news calendar seems rather small, so if any other news needs considering, please post.

Good trading.

eco-news: from: http://www.briefing.com/Investor/Public/Calendars/EconomicCalendar.htm
Week of February 19 - February 22

Date ET Release For Actual Briefing.com Consensus Prior Revised From
Feb 21 08:30 CPI Jan 0.2% 0.1% 0.4%
Feb 21 08:30 Core CPI Jan 0.2% 0.2% 0.1%
Feb 21 10:00 Leading Indicators Jan 0.3% 0.2% 0.3%
Feb 21 10:30 Crude Inventories 02/16 NA NA -589K
Feb 21 14:00 FOMC Minutes Jan 31

Feb 22 08:30 Initial Claims 02/17 320K 325K 357K
Feb 22 10:00 Help-Wanted Index Jan 33 34 33

Hi chaps,

I'm looking for long cable opps maybe if last weeks low isn't taken out. Friday's action on the hourly chart shows that it doesn't like being below 9500. I will wait to see what happens on Monday before entering. If it does fall past 9460 then I want to see it stay down there before entering a short position. 9560ish will be the first resistance level perhaps.

Would like to see a nice smooth move in either direction so I can stick with set and leave! :rolleyes:

Good trading to all.

hi guys
just setting up for Monday
Elliot wave wise
is the second wave compleate ?
if it is ,then the 3ed wave can start

just out by 2 pips but close enough

wouldn't mind printing an early low 505 for now but want a better price for the big bucks run is 460 toooo obvious for a retail stop level

morning all

I missed 3 entries today. I wasnt there to trade them, so nothing to say really. I didnt even bother opening my platform until 9:00, thinking that with the US holiday, the market would be rather quiet. I will stay sidelined today for that reason.

I am posting the chart for anybody interested in pinbar type of setups. This setup could have been good for at least 20 pips, and at best for 40...until now , depending on entry (first entry 45, second 40, third at 29).

till tomorrow.
j

Brewing a pot of Earl Grey tea and ive been stopped @ 492. was there some news out ?

Waiting for next setup.

jacinto said:
I didnt even bother opening my platform until 9:00, thinking that with the US holiday, the market would be rather quiet. I will stay sidelined today for that reason.

till tomorrow.
j

i stand corrected. bu99er

Crap Buddist said:
Brewing a pot of Earl Grey tea and ive been stopped @ 492. was there some news out ?

Waiting for next setup.

Morning all,
I've just noticed the sudden drop - fortunately in my favour as I was on the verge of being stopped out. Anyone know any reason for this? There's no scheduled news that I know of.

Lovely breakout. Short from 526,509 and 495.... for those thinking it might be quiet day, Thanksgiving had some pretty big moves

Crap Buddist said:

Waiting for next setup.
this is the only thing i can find

BULLET: CABLE: Cable is now down around 77 pips to $1.9445...
CABLE: Cable is now down around 77 pips to $1.9445 after BoE written
evidence to the Treasury Select Committee said that "depeciation of real
effective fx rate probably needed."

Provided by: Market News International

trade turned give us a shout when we get to 843

Elvis has left the building

...another set of A1 calls, DC - thanks for posting 'em. I'm holding on to today's vebo short from 510 for a while yet...cue 'dead cat'.

I'd be happy to stick in the low 94s until this afternoon for us breakout traders and then DC can have his bounce......

I'd be happy to stick in the low 94s until this afternoon for us breakout traders and then DC can have his bounce......
thats fine by me also target I was waiting for was 426 by 1:30 pm just didnt want to wait

But forgot I was going to read on the swing vebo posts this morning