FX-2007: Apr 16th > Apr 20th

How will GBPUSD fare this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uphios said:
Agree with you 29, but often it is not possible. Looking at todays in-action I can't imagine anything has changed on the charts so it probably comes down to a gut feel from watching what action there has been.

Very true - just think that if it is based on gut feel it would be good if people said this

No biggy :cheesy:

Trading very slow indeed.

Think I’ll go and make a cup of coffee.

For the information of 29Investments only:

Mouth is dry, Bored of watching the numbers. Now, do I get a cold drink or should I go for hot one?

I think hot, as it is understood to cool one down more than a cold drink on a warm day.

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:
Trading very slow indeed.

Think I’ll go and make a cup of coffee.

For the information of 29Investments only:

Mouth is dry, Bored of watching the numbers. Now, do I get a cold drink or should I go for hot one?

I think hot, as it is understood to cool one down more than a cold drink on a warm day.

TPF

Yeah yeah very funny. Just dont tell us if you need to go to the bog !

Uphios said:
I like your short, not going there my self today but I am expecting a trip back into the 117.70 area where I will consider going long. I like the longs on this one, feel I am working with the carry traders instead of against them.

Edit. Second look and I am not so keen, just noticed a pennant in the last six hour candles currently at 118.44. Pennants are supposed to be continuationflags which would mean more up. I don't feel strongly enough about it though to open a position tonight.

Ahh looks like your second look was correct. I ended up getting stopped out at -30 pips.

I closed my USDCHF short position for a profit of 84 pips however. :)

Not a bad week for me, but hopefully the next one is great. Have a good weekend everyone, I know I will be(finally got some nice weather here in southern Ontario), and see you next week.

29Investments said:

On a light hearted subject I did a look up on peoples toilet habits for a short story that I wrote for the Readers Digest publication. Here is some brief extractions.

"It is a statistical fact that ninety-five percent of adults have bowel movements between three and twenty-one times per week.

Any number in this statistical range would be considered normal for a fully-grown human being.

The most common pattern is one bowel movement a day.

Fifty percent of the population has one bowel movement a day whilst the remaining fifty percent have irregular bowel movement.

Irregular bowel movement is a medical term for having only one bowel movement on some days and having two or even three on others. "

Next time when releasing chocolate hostages or dropping the kids off at the pool, have a think whilst you stink the place :cheesy:

Apologies in advance... :eek:

29Investments said:

You turn your back for five bloody minutes (to make a coffee) and the computer tells me it's oppened a new position after four hours of me sat watching and waiting and nothing.

Marvellous "Technology"

May as well go and cut the lawn.

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:
You turn your back for five bloody minutes (to make a coffee) and the computer tells me it's oppened a new position after four hours of me sat watching and waiting and nothing.

Marvellous "Technology"

May as well go and cut the lawn.

TPF

Can anyone recommend the best broker/software for automating trading ?

I used to use Tradestaion but would prefer a UK based firm to avoid the costs and delays of wiring money to the States again.

rather poor trading today.

so far today, cable range of around 80 pips, about a third less than the 130 average.
mind you, historic $2-£1 breakthrough, staying above $2, not just spiking it.

support at 1.9990? resistance at 2.085? (looking at dailies)

have a good weekend. any volunteers to start next weeks thread?