• Lower by at least 200 pips

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • irrelevant to my trading style

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dc2000 said:
bish bash bosh job done Dow bringing home the bacon cable 370s will come Monday

right then what do we do with pricemans chart??
Weekly charts trend down, daily charts printing doji and 4hrs tram-lines with the usual effect for the coming few days. From this perspective Mon/Tue might see lower 9300. Weekly pivot points might be very useful for the coming week along with the daily pivots calculated close to the London opening rather then one based on the US close or whatever.

2be said:
Weekly charts trend down, daily charts printing doji and 4hrs tram-lines with the usual effect for the coming few days. From this perspective Mon/Tue might see lower 9300. Weekly pivot points might be very useful for the coming week along with the daily pivots calculated close to the London opening rather then one based on the US close or whatever.
I might be a few pps out on todays close
Weekly Pivot Wk 11 Mar 2007

O 19376
H 19505
L 19212
C 19413

R2 19670
M4 19606
R1 19541
M3 19459

Pivot 19377

M2 19313
S1 19248
M1 19166
S2 19084

Last edited:
dc2000 said:
bish bash bosh job done Dow bringing home the bacon cable 370s will come Monday

right then what do we do with pricemans chart??
Just back in from pub and am now on night duty for the little'un (if any CSA employees on here; I didn't drink alcohol ok!)

Just trying to provoke some thoughts on the chart as to why the price did what it did today, this could help us see what's going to happen Monday. Although I did say I don't care anyway I'll just hop on in either direction. I want to know where the big players get in and out and why they decide currency maybe overpriced or underpriced at certain levels. Just more understanding for me that's all. Bit contradictory I know.

Good weekend all and see you next week

Priceman said:
Just back in from pub and am now on night duty for the little'un (if any CSA employees on here; I didn't drink alcohol ok!)

Just trying to provoke some thoughts on the chart as to why the price did what it did today, this could help us see what's going to happen Monday. Although I did say I don't care anyway I'll just hop on in either direction. I want to know where the big players get in and out and why they decide currency maybe overpriced or underpriced at certain levels. Just more understanding for me that's all. Bit contradictory I know.

on daily cable has closed just under 50% Fib on the most reason down move and just wander if it has not been forming a kind fo continuation pattern in medium term to continue down. It is easy to get trapped by the mantra of weekness in the USD but from where the strenght shall come for the GBP, Certaily not from MR Brown, sorry just forgotten the exeptional skills of Mr big Lord L !!!??? to raise some more support on a long loan bases. :LOL:

2be said:
It is easy to get trapped by the mantra of weekness in the USD but from where the strenght shall come for the GBP, Certaily not from MR Brown, sorry just forgotten the exeptional skills of Mr big Lord L !!!??? to raise some more support on a long loan bases. :LOL:

this post is actually quite to the point. let me do some fundamental stuff, which i never do on the weekly threads

a) USD should weaken, yes. but against what?

a.1) the euro.................for me, "the euro is to the dollar what a non-cyclical cash cow is to the stock market :cheesy: "

a.2) the pound.......yeah, right. the UK has more hidden deficits than one can think of. just higher interest rates than euroland hold it. we just need to wait for the market to sniff that, and thats the end of cable. period.

a.3) yen, well probably, disregard carry trade, but we all know japanese policy makers dont seem to care about yen weakness.

b) Pound expensive

b.1) BOE made that statement several weeks ago.

b.2) depends against what. look at EURGBP, at the end of the day, euroland takes about 50% of external trade.

b.2) USD......see above

so, to put it in a kind way, 2006 was the year of the the quid (EDIT: assuming 2006 finished on a Chinese calendar. lol. )
j

Reactions: 2be
jacinto said:
this post is actually quite to the point. let me do some fundamental stuff, which i never do on the weekly threads

a) USD should weaken, yes. but against what?

a.1) the euro.................for me, "the euro is to the dollar what a non-cyclical cash cow is to the stock market :cheesy: "

a.2) the pound.......yeah, right. the UK has more hidden deficits than one can think of. just higher interest rates than euroland hold it. we just need to wait for the market to sniff that, and thats the end of cable. period.

a.3) yen, well probably, disregard carry trade, but we all know japanese policy makers dont seem to care about yen weakness.

b) Pound expensive

b.1) BOE made that statement several weeks ago.

b.2) depends against what. look at EURGBP, at the end of the day, euroland takes about 50% of external trade.

b.2) USD......see above

so, to put it in a kind way, 2006 was the year of the the quid (EDIT: assuming 2006 finished on a Chinese calendar. lol. )
j
In the UK and the US the "Good feel" factor is strongly correlated to the Housing market, thats where the most of the disposable income goes to. Many, especially in the UK live reasonably "poor" lives in expensive houses, paradox. Many cannot afford even that, as the ratio of earning to the cost is even higher now then it was before the 87 crash. In the US there is already over 13% rise in reposessions. Surely there is a cyclical pattern and the GBP is positioned between the two camps, European utopia of nanny state, with the smoothed amplitude of the inevitable cycle and the Anglo-saxon way for the market to be free to a greater degree to dictate the interest rates, and therefore the currency value. In the past in the UK the Anglo-saxon sentiments have taken over, and we might see this happening again, to start with by allowing GBP to devalue against the EUR, with a lot of customary froth exploited by the media for lack of another subject.

Priceman said:

ah I see, I thought we had to colour it in, but then charts are like stops dont want one dont need one no siree bob