FX-2007: Feb26th > Mar 02nd

that was an expensive brew :LOL:

my stop level is 480 if it hits that I will be looking to scratch trade at B/E

trendie said:
a:volunteer to start next weeks thread on Sunday!!

b:alternatively, I shall start it now, and someone volunteer to "bump" it onto the front-page Sunday night!!

if no reply by 1pm, I shall go for option b:

any views on a good poll??

I'll do it mate, still, poll ideas are welcome....

How about, where do you see cable in 3 months time:- a) above 2.0 b) about where it is now c) back where it belongs and of course d) who cares.

trendie said:
a:volunteer to start next weeks thread on Sunday!!

b:alternatively, I shall start it now, and someone volunteer to "bump" it onto the front-page Sunday night!!

if no reply by 1pm, I shall go for option b:

any views on a good poll??

thinking of poll and would be happy to bump

good one, Uphios.

that reminds me that some think that we may be too cable-specific.

how about:
which FX pair is likely to give the biggest percentage increase/decrease over next week.
that way we expand our awareness to other, perhaps more volatile, pairs.

EDIT: thanks dc. looks like wasp has it covered.

dc2000 said:

Not even going to mention yesterday's 'volatile day', mainly because I got one wrong once as well. 1988 I think it was, or could have been 87 :LOL:

No, I'll step aside, about time DC did some work around here! Just coming along, calling the market to the pip (usually) and then wondering off.....! :LOL:

dc2000 said:

DC sorry to hear it, I thought you were out of the cable :(
Managed to get out in time at two retracements, one from the overnight filled order and a shorter one later on. Both buys in a short down trend :rolleyes: Thats life, have missed the trend well and since 70% of the average daily move has been fulfield, there is very little for me to do, but to consider another brew and do some more reading and research. Saying that cabel sits now at a pivot point @495, just gone through it. I cannot touch the market now. If Pivot @495 holds, it could change direction back into 600ds. Hope it will do but I am not likely to ride the move.

Last edited:
Uphios said:
Targeting 466 me thinks.
even 460/440 seems poss who knows, and if one knows I would not trade it ;)

Last edited:
Lol. Typical. Took the day off. Came home to see I would have been up 60 pips! First potentially good day for my system in ages. At moments like this, all you can do is laugh. :LOL:

*bangs head on desk*

ChowClown said:
hmm..and possibly a 30min long wolf setting up now too....don't like it, so cancelling the short order for now.
...boy, do i regret that decision. Succumbed to the 'fear' of another potentially poor vebo day by removing the short order and now look at it. I think i'd better 'bot vebo smartish, if i'm to stay in this game....shins well and truly pummelled. Of course, i'll feel much better if it reverses this afternoon :cheesy:

I would start to look at MACD histogram at 15min chart and at candle pattern (or OHLC pattern of price exhaustion) Then use 1hr chart and try to discern if the MACD histogram is at least getting narrower. I also use Stochastic / with ADX and RSI on multi time frame together with few MAs. At this moment there is a decisive momentum in direction of Penguin land. Though things can change v suddenly. Thats why I am out for the rest of the day.

Last edited:
Come on DC, lets have your comment. If that bottom holds it was a 185 point drop, as you predicted but from a different target. In fact it looks like you were just 1 wave behind the action, or looking for 1 wave too many.

ChowClown said:
...boy, do i regret that decision. Succumbed to the 'fear' of another potentially poor vebo day by removing the short order and now look at it. I think i'd better 'bot vebo smartish, if i'm to stay in this game....shins well and truly pummelled. Of course, i'll feel much better if it reverses this afternoon :cheesy:

I hope it doesn't Chow....unless it reaches 1.7400 first........

To CC and OT, don't beat yourself up over not being in the move. When you switch off a system because of poor performance, you're only going to know that it has started working again when you get a good move which by definition you'll have missed. The question is really did you net saved money by not taking all the whippings but by not catching the good move as well.

FYI I'm not in either though feeling ok about it. I'm more relieved that cable is starting to move again rather than annoyed that I missed the move. Cable has looked absolutely terrible these last few days in terms of how the charts hang together. For me it was a no-brainer to stand aside.

ChowClown said:
Hi ChowClown,.I often miss the obvious, could you help me to discern what "vebo" is or what does it mean??

hi 2be, welcome to the thread, don't think i've seen you post here before. Vebo is the generic Volatility Expansion BreakOut strat myself and a few others are using...which has been suffering of late. It's derived from similar methods posted on strategybuilderfx (ie Hans123's method).

a_g I did go short today. The feeling of doom was there but if you have a system you have to keep going unless you are going to revise or abandon it IMHO. One of the big things I've learnt from this thread is that it'ss fine to use others' thoughts to help your decision making but you mustn't let them make the decision for you.