FX-2007: Feb12th > Feb 16th

Where will GBPUSD go this week?

• Higher: At least 200 pips higher than last weeks close.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Same: Within 200 pips of last weeks close.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Lower: At least 200 pips lower than last weeks close.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Dunno, and dont care

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ChowClown said:
Morning, currently long 674, i'm still seeing long bias from 30min, but good chance of turnaround today, so will take today's vebo short @622. Swingers still in play and currently +179 Cable, +79 EUR/USD and +94 swissy.
...cable swinger out for +92. Today's vebo long out for -45 and now short from 622 stop b/e...holding for time being.

ChowClown said:
...cable swinger out for +92. Today's vebo long out for -45 and now short from 622 stop b/e...holding for time being.

You were unlucky to get that long. For whatever reason CS didn't trigger (the first time in ages their system has messed up in my favour).

yeah, swings and roundabouts. I'm using oanda atm and the fills are usually to the pipette, apart from NFP. I prefer getting orders filled where I want them filled and don't have enough trust (yet) in the SBs to do this, intraday. However I know some here have good things to say about one or two outfits that have a more neutral approach.

From the limited experience i've had with CS, they slipped far too frequently (outside news) for my liking and that was on a relatively small ante.

flat at the moment

I read that its expiration day on friday
anyone know the time this takes place ?

repeat of setup for trade prior to the news as it was on tuesday. yesterday was a failure, with a similar setup.

price action only. perfect for half-term grounded traders.

j

Damn it. I was so damn close to closing my 610 short before the news. Now stopped at B/E. Ah well.

Bad luck CB. I had an equally frustrating day. Was JUST about to short cable at 660 odd, forgot that news was about to come out and then watched it plumet without me being on board :(

That TIC Data was unbelievably bad for the USD, cant believe we havent seen a bigger reaction !

...closed the vebo short on exit signal just before 14:00 @562, for +60. Just +15 net on the day (for vebo). Thankfully the Euro and Swiss swingers look useful.

expiration day today at 11.59 (thanks eek )

things seem to have been sold down after the close
no trading in the us on Monday

may give it a miss until Tuesday

Morning all

This is the anatomy of a trade while giving breakfast to a 4 year old.
One is prone to make more mistakes.

j

thank you HB, believe me, I hate half-term.

edit: off to the park. Lets see if I can feed the child at 1:25, and ensure her mouth is busy munching at 1:30 :devilish:

j

Last edited:
Yeah I can see the small long but reading sell into it on the next couple of frames up, so im short 96 at the mo, i can see it might test 520 odd but it might not .

so holding 496 short until or if one of the higher frames roll up with the shorter one. 2 to 1 against im seeing though.

DC's usually right, but I'd be more confident about a small long if it goes to about 450 first... which might mean I should go for a small short instead.