FX-2007: Apr 16th > Apr 20th

How will GBPUSD fare this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dc2000 said:
hope not my money will be on a good overnight move and then continuation into the US sesh after a sideways dance for most of the morning

I agree the move in overnight Asian trading will be key for the week.

TPF

29Investments said:
DC is this level just a TP for you or are you looking to reverse into a long here

I will be reversing long Im looking for 100 pips overnight to 9:30am then will reload looking for another 130 pips in the afternoon target in the 2.0170s

Uphios said:
I'm a bit confussed here Pipper, a little further down you say you reversed your USDJPY from a long at about 119.30 to a short at about 119.84 (damn good shot, right on the high.) But this note says you have just closed for 111 pips profit and gone short. So, did you close your short and re-short or did you mean to say you had gone long?

Ohh sorry about that, yes there was a brief long signal in between, here is a pic of the chart.

See the black arrow, that is where the brief signal came in.

usdjpyapr1819bu7.gif

Last edited:
pipper said:
Ohh sorry about that, yes there was a brief long signal in between, here is a pic of the chart.

See the black arrow, that is where the brief signal came in.

Pipper, youve just messed up my forum display. Its about 500 yards wide with a huge scroll bar.

TPF

Last edited:
jacinto said:
all that is fine with me as long as we all know he is a vendor..

rule 4.1 to 4.3.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/faq.php?faq=faq_site_guidelines#faq_item_site_guidelines

so far, he has no vendor sign and in consecuence, not complying with rules

j

Let it be known, I am a trader first, and a reseller of a product I find useful second.

Take my posts with a grain of salt people, as I am obviously biased.

edit: oh shoot, sorry my pic is too big, I will try and fix it right away.

Overnight may see cable off by as much as 60 - 80 points. London open may attempt to bring cable back into 2.0000 territory. A failure here will see the week ending at around 1.9900 - 1.9960.

DC2000 has a perfectly legitimate trading analysis on cable, and taking all things into account a very logical and correct one, for a gain of more than 100 points. (the safe bet) However gambling on the unexpected is where the money is made.

TPF

Last edited:
thanks pipper,

better to have things clear and within the rules.

j

EDIT:

I see a high probability of ending with a pinbar on the weekly bar. i.e. a close around 9900-20

pipper,

out f curiosity, of the hundreds of systems they advertise, which ones did you pick, and why?

I understand.

What are you guys feeling on the USDJPY? I am currently short but I have this feeling it is about to climb. :S

We shall see.

trendie said:
pipper,

out f curiosity, of the hundreds of systems they advertise, which ones did you pick, and why?

You get access to all of them. Those top-1000 lists that you can search through, you click a button and the strategy is imported into the platform. You can then backtest and start trading it's signals if you wish.

Edit: oh I see what you mean.

They also provide 10 strategies as their picks, which are the ones I have been using.

However, I have been searching their top-1000 lists for strategies that are more active on a daily basis.

dc2000 said:
I will be reversing long Im looking for 100 pips overnight to 9:30am then will reload looking for another 130 pips in the afternoon target in the 2.0170s

I clearly am about to lose my account, but I reckon a move to the downside! :cry:

On the dailies, there is a spinning top, indecision at least.
On the 4-hrs, there is a Ross 1-2-3 to the downside.

The Pearl Fisher said:
Overnight may see cable off by as much as 60 - 80 points. London open may attempt to bring cable back into 2.0000 territory. A failure here will see the week ending at around 1.9900 - 1.9960.

DC2000 has a perfectly legitimate trading analysis on cable, and taking all things into account a very logical and correct one, for a gain of more than 100 points. (the safe bet) However gambling on the unexpected is where the money is made.

TPF

call me old fashioned or just plain old :LOL: but I never did like the unexpected stuff, I like the odds to be ever so slightly in my favour not to mention eating my cornflakes while banking £10k

dc2000 said:
call me old fashioned or just plain old :LOL: but I never did like the unexpected stuff, I like the odds to be ever so slightly in my favour not to mention eating my cornflakes while banking £10k

Sir, which is the greater, the appetite of a wealthy man or the hunger of a poor man?

All the best.

The pearl fisher

pipper said:
I understand.

What are you guys feeling on the USDJPY? I am currently short but I have this feeling it is about to climb. :S

We shall see.
I like your short, not going there my self today but I am expecting a trip back into the 117.70 area where I will consider going long. I like the longs on this one, feel I am working with the carry traders instead of against them.

Edit. Second look and I am not so keen, just noticed a pennant in the last six hour candles currently at 118.44. Pennants are supposed to be continuationflags which would mean more up. I don't feel strongly enough about it though to open a position tonight.

Last edited:
what you could be having on usdyen is a channelling action on the daily that is forming a right shoulder. then again, take it with a pinch of salt. dont really trade that pair. other yen pairs are doing other things.

j

im turning into japanese now, slowly starting to favour euroyen over cable :cheesy:

jacinto said:
what you could be having on usdyen is a channelling action on the daily that is forming a right shoulder. then again, take it with a pinch of salt. dont really trade that pair. other yen pairs are doing other things.

j

im turning into japanese now, slowly starting to favour euroyen over cable :cheesy:

USDJPY has been very kind to me this week as all trades (3) were profitable and if I had let them run would have made a lot more.

but have lost most gains on cable! :confused:

Well the Asia session on cable was as flat as a pancake - am now looking for a breakout from 2.0050 1.9980 and will go with the direction of the break.

Would prefer to see it break lower as a move higher will be fighting overbought conditions and may not have much room to run.

Morning all. Long at 40 on cable and 70 EUR/JPY on my breakout method taken 20 points on half the position in each and holding the rest stops at breakeven.