FX-2007: Apr 16th > Apr 20th

How will GBPUSD fare this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uphios said:
I'm a bit confussed here Pipper, a little further down you say you reversed your USDJPY from a long at about 119.30 to a short at about 119.84 (damn good shot, right on the high.) But this note says you have just closed for 111 pips profit and gone short. So, did you close your short and re-short or did you mean to say you had gone long?

Think I can help with this q... it signalled a short at 119.20 about 2 days ago (might be less) - went up to 119.75ish, and the dropped to where it was today. Then a signal came through this pm saying buy usdjpy at about 118.71, and then about 30 mins later a further signal came through telling to short...

hope that this helps

madmax_uk said:
a signal came through this pm saying buy usdjpy at about 118.71, and then about 30 mins later a further signal came through telling to short...

And you have to pay for this? Madness

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:
And you have to pay for this? Madness

TPF
You could say so and to be honest, I am still sceptical... I thought it would be interesting to see how it worked. But to be fair, signals on cable been good... buy 1.9719.... price now 2.0081!

madmax_uk said:
Think I can help with this q... it signalled a short at 119.20 about 2 days ago (might be less) - went up to 119.75ish, and the dropped to where it was today. Then a signal came through this pm saying buy usdjpy at about 118.71, and then about 30 mins later a further signal came through telling to short...

hope that this helps
Thanks for that Madmax, clears things up a little. I have to say that if this is the case Pipper is being a little selective on the calls the system is suggesting. Friday was the first time he posted an entry rather than just saying how well he had done and just exited. Now I find that he reversed on Monday on his USDJPY but didn't mention that before and now it appears that the system indicated long at what turned out to be a short term high and then issued a short 30 mins later.

That's O.K. because no system is perfect (except DC's :LOL: ) but giving the full story would help others decide far more than a selective edit of signals, unless of course you happen to be the person selling the system!

madmax_uk said:
You could say so and to be honest, I am still sceptical... I thought it would be interesting to see how it worked. But to be fair, signals on cable been good... buy 1.9719.... price now 2.0081!

Interesting. Yes.

You don't have to pay for currency signals. Currency signal companies are 100 a penny. All of them are mediocre, poor at best.

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:
Interesting. Yes.

You don't have to pay for currency signals. Currency signal companies are 100 a penny. All of them are mediocre, poor at best.

TPF

Yes, I would tend to agree! one just needs to do a search in google for some companies with "proven" track records. Am still new to forex, so thought might be useful to assist with general directions ect... but looking at it less and less but still giving it benerfit of the doubt

to be fair to pipper, he answered some of my questions on the software, and generally the performance of the defult settings has been pretty good (you can download different settings). Cable as I said has been bang on last 3 calls (only has had three calls since I got it 30 March), USDJPY signals been okay, but like i said EURUSD, been bad.. 300 pips down! by looking at the history of the trades (the would be a bit subjective as you wouldn't know how much it ranged and when they closed etc), but on the face of it more positives than negatives

madmax_uk said:
Yes, I would tend to agree! one just needs to do a search in google for some companies with "proven" track records. Am still new to forex, so thought might be useful to assist with general directions ect... but looking at it less and less but still giving it benerfit of the doubt

to be fair to pipper, he answered some of my questions on the software, and generally the performance of the defult settings has been pretty good (you can download different settings). Cable as I said has been bang on last 3 calls (only has had three calls since I got it 30 March), USDJPY signals been okay, but like i said EURUSD, been bad.. 300 pips down! by looking at the history of the trades (the would be a bit subjective as you wouldn't know how much it ranged and when they closed etc), but on the face of it more positives than negatives

all that is fine with me as long as we all know he is a vendor..

rule 4.1 to 4.3.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/faq.php?faq=faq_site_guidelines#faq_item_site_guidelines

so far, he has no vendor sign and in consecuence, not complying with rules

j

To be fair to pipper he's only promoting it as a further way of getting an income so does that make him a vendor? He did say that he was an affiliate.

http://www.progressivefx.com/api/forex-trading-system/forex-affiliate-reseller.html

I suppose it does in a way make him a vendor as he's promoting a paying system. Shall we let the mods decide? At the end of the day we're all adults and can make our own minds up. As long as pipper doesn't come on every day to promote the product with only 'selective' calls...

"Resellers
If you are interested in earning extra revenue for yourself, ProgressiveFX.com offers a generous reseller program. If you are already a client you are ready to go! If you not are currently a client but would like to participate, please Contact Sales for details. "

Good luck all, should see some upwards move on cable before more down I suppose now. 70-80high?

29Investments said:
I see Trendline support & the 50 MA on the hourly at 1.9996 and the 23.6 fib retracement of the move from 1.9590 to 2.0130 at 2.0003, add psychological value of the 2.0000 level and this whole area should be pretty solid support

Gone long at 2.0007 with tight stop at 1.9990

Breakout short at 015, taken 1/2 profit at 91 with stop on balance at b/e

Done the same with EUR/JPY this morning 15999 and 15979

morning all

i got to say that with price action like this, cable or euryen are a scalper's paradise trading off the 1 min chart using the same TA than what one would normally use on the 60 or 240 min chart.

j

As Jacinto says, lovely price action this morning on cable and eur/jpy and picked up some nice pips, also on the DAX.

My breakout levels today on cable are 2.0057 and 1.9997. I personally think it's going higher, which is probably as good a sell signal as you are going to get on these boards :cheesy:

yesterday was a spinning top; does that mean we are to expect a couple of days of retracement ?

trendie said:
yesterday was a spinning top; does that mean we are to expect a couple of days of retracement ?

Interesting I am waiting for the confirmation of that today,too. May not take a trade remember though that cable can still go up before a final retracement. It may also be a warning that the sellers are around there somewhere we will see who wins the fight the bulls or the bears. I am watching the 3hrs and below .

happy trading.

how many bites of the cherry can we get before it hits the button?

2 more, building rockets takes a long time :cheesy: