FX-2007: Feb26th > Mar 02nd

Offshore Trader said:
a_g I did go short today. The feeling of doom was there but if you have a system you have to keep going unless you are going to revise or abandon it IMHO. One of the big things I've learnt from this thread is that it'ss fine to use others' thoughts to help your decision making but you mustn't let them make the decision for you.
Absolutely. Although I always grimace slightly when I find I'm in on the opposite direction to DC! Still, it worked today - first time my breakout strategy has pulled off a result in over a week...

Offshore Trader said:
a_g I did go short today. The feeling of doom was there but if you have a system you have to keep going unless you are going to revise or abandon it IMHO. One of the big things I've learnt from this thread is that it'ss fine to use others' thoughts to help your decision making but you mustn't let them make the decision for you.

Congrats on catching the move. Sorry, I should have said CityBound who had posted complaining about having missed it.

a_gnome said:
To CC and OT, don't beat yourself up over not being in the move. When you switch off a system because of poor performance, you're only going to know that it has started working again when you get a good move which by definition you'll have missed. The question is really did you net saved money by not taking all the whippings but by not catching the good move as well.

FYI I'm not in either though feeling ok about it. I'm more relieved that cable is starting to move again rather than annoyed that I missed the move. Cable has looked absolutely terrible these last few days in terms of how the charts hang together. For me it was a no-brainer to stand aside.
Hi A_G, very true and i take some solace for not losing anything on the first vebo short trigger earlier. Just logged in to see how the cable swinger's doing (entry 3pm yesterday at 613) and i'm smiling again :)

ChowClown said:
hi 2be, welcome to the thread, don't think i've seen you post here before. Vebo is the generic Volatility Expansion BreakOut strat myself and a few others are using...which has been suffering of late. It's derived from similar methods posted on strategybuilderfx (ie Hans123's method).
Thanks Chow Clown for your answer, in your experience is this formula / system easy to work out or does it demand a lot of effort and above average risk exposure. Looking at Volatility so far from the obvious price action I have been using BB, but I would like to look closer at VEBO.
You are right in that I am a new to this board, and thanks for your welcome.
I think cable have spotted few Penguins walking south on the lower BB.
By the way, John Bollinger "Bollinger on Bollinger Bands" proved to be a good read.

2be said:
Thanks Chow Clown for your answer, in your experience is this formula / system easy to work out or does it demand a lot of effort and above average risk exposure. Looking at Volatility so far from the obvious price action I have been using BB, but I would like to look closer at VEBO.
You are right in that I am a new to this board, and thanks for your welcome.
I think cable have spotted few Penguins walking south on the lower BB.
By the way, John Bollinger "Bollinger on Bollinger Bands" proved to be a good read.
BUY price = 8am opening price + 70% of 5-8am GMT range.

SELL price = 8am opening price – 70% of 5-8am GMT range.

The exits vary considerably amongst us; from fixed to trailing stops, timed exits at 3:55pm/4pm, holding until the next day etc...take your pick.

Offshore Trader said:
You are absolutely right, as every person has different approach to risk management. For example I have worked out that for me it is too risky not to trade, but I trade carefully and I am committed to improve.

ChowClown said:
BUY price = 8am opening price + 70% of 5-8am GMT range.

SELL price = 8am opening price – 70% of 5-8am GMT range.

The exits vary considerably amongst us; from fixed to trailing stops, timed exits at 3:55pm/4pm, holding until the next day etc...take your pick.
Sounds simple, I will try it first on demo.

1 st long for me @ 1.9426 , looking for pullbacks to be bought.

lets see what happens. anyone else looking for longs ?

Crap Buddist said:
1 st long for me @ 1.9426 , looking for pullbacks to be bought.

lets see what happens. anyone else looking for longs ?

As its already Friday night for me, I've had enough but would be taking a long here too.

If I see good sing of bottoming on gbp/jpy I might try a long on cable also.

This is like fishin, waitin for that prize mirror carp to give up the fight and flop in your net, although you never know if the bugger will reel of another 50 yards of line.

still long 26, holding,

Trading with Mr Crabtree !

hmm anyone read fishing with mr crabtree or still got it ? quality read I remember.

keep still peter, dont shuffle your feet, you will scare the fish! not yet peter wait, wait NOW , Strike Peter !....

I reckon Mr Crabtree would be a master trader... no doubt.

Crap Buddist said:
hmm anyone read fishing with mr crabtree or still got it ? quality read I remember.

keep still peter, dont shuffle your feet, you will scare the fish! not yet peter wait, wait NOW , Strike Peter !....

I reckon Mr Crabtree would be a master trader... no doubt.

Yes, I remember him. Always seemed to catch huge fish with great ease. If only trading were that easy.

Uphios said:
Come on DC, lets have your comment. If that bottom holds it was a 185 point drop, as you predicted but from a different target. In fact it looks like you were just 1 wave behind the action, or looking for 1 wave too many.

well this is fun :( now Im going to have to do some work well alittle anyway

whats wiv all da waves man

dc2000 said:
well this is fun :( now Im going to have to do some work well alittle anyway

whats wiv all da waves man
Waves, moves, what ever. Didn't mean to imply elliot. God alone knows what you use:LOL:

Uphios said:
Waves, moves, what ever. Didn't mean to imply elliot. God alone knows what you use:LOL:
was trying to find a surfer type cool dude link but alas was not to be