FX-2007: Jan 08 > Jan 12

How was 2006 for you? (compared to 04/05)

• Above average returns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Average returns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Below average returns

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No meaningful returns - still learning

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Got better - improved strategy

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Got better - improved money management

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Got better - improved psychology/mentoring

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jacinto said:
time, if it is not too much asking.

my time to my target (9520) is tomorrow lunchtime. but i always get those things wrong :cheesy: extra optimist target 9625. but probably that is asking too much from the three wise men :LOL:

j

well, got my count wrong, at least first target is hit now. lets see if the rest materialises

:cheesy: :cheesy:

Last edited:
...had similar thoughts, Legion. I've only been using oanda live since July '06 but today was the first time i'd seen such intermittent connectivity.

I think most retailers were caught on the wrong side of things hence some interesting movements to keep the longs out

think I'll take the rest of the day off while we bounce around catch ya all latta

im still in, 100 locked in. will wait for reversal pattern to reach target, or take 100....unless there is a new continuation pattern, and add, and raise stops.

ChowClown said:
I'll be long 509 (short 446 but only if the trend bias swings down before then).

Morning,
My VEBO Variant is currently short and underwater at 51 though I took a moderate chunk of yesterday's move so I can't complain too much.

I must admit that it's frustrating when I have more than 160 pips open profit in a trade to have to sit there and watch most of it be given back so I envy you Chow in taking your 120 and calling it a day yesterday. I have to keep reminding myself that by staying in I'll catch the occasional 400 pip move such as at the start of the month.

Keep on trucking!

...know how you feel, a_g - did a lot of soul/head searching over Christmas and made the decision to tweak the way i trade vebo so that as many of my personal frustrations with the method are removed. I'm also placing the method in context with a couple of other strats used during the week that attempt to catch larger swings.

I'm finding i'm now trading with almost a laissez-faire attitude, i'm 'feeling' much better about what i'm doing and trying to achieve, which imo is half the battle.

Hello all!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and new year and 2007 is bringing plenty of happy (financial) returns! I see everyone seems to be going strong which is cool and DC still picking moves to the pip!

Quiet today though, wish I'd not bothered... living now on the other side of the world means whilst the rest of the country is merrily drunk in the streets, partying away, I'm left with Blackadder reruns and a pointlessly tight range!

Is everyone still trading their same styles or has the new year brought in many changes?

wasp said:
Hello all!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and new year and 2007 is bringing plenty of happy (financial) returns! I see everyone seems to be going strong which is cool and DC still picking moves to the pip!

Quiet today though, wish I'd not bothered... living now on the other side of the world means whilst the rest of the country is merrily drunk in the streets, partying away, I'm left with Blackadder reruns and a pointlessly tight range!

Is everyone still trading their same styles or has the new year brought in many changes?

Welcome back wasp :)

Happy New Year !

hi wasp I see you have moved to nz
I hope you like there
are you on north or south ireland ?

I got an email from a relative at xmas, hs said that a large iceberg was just floting down past there ireland

Excellent! Unfortunately, as cool as it would be, no icebergs floating through the harbour but the sun, when it shines, certainly makes up for it! I'm in Auckland but summer isn't exactly top notch as yet but when it does come through it makes it all worthwhile!

Its a great country and exploration is imminent but thought I'd get some work in first...!

Hi Wasp good to hear from you hope all is well

Im still using same method for trading, if it aint broke dont fix it as they say

dc2000 said:
Hi Wasp good to hear from you hope all is well

Im still using same method for trading, if it aint broke dont fix it as they say

Good to hear and 'tis very true and yours certainly does not seem like its broken!