FX-2007: Jan 08 > Jan 12

How was 2006 for you? (compared to 04/05)

• Above average returns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Average returns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Below average returns

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No meaningful returns - still learning

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Got better - improved strategy

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Got better - improved money management

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Got better - improved psychology/mentoring

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trendie

Legendary member
Economic news from briefing.com

Date ET Release For Actual Briefing.com Consensus Prior Revised From

Jan 08 15:00 Consumer Credit Nov $6.0B $5.5B -$1.2B
Jan 10 08:30 Trade Balance Nov -$60.0B -$59.5B -$58.9B
Jan 10 10:00 Wholesale Inventories Nov 0.6% 0.5% 0.8%
Jan 10 10:30 Crude Inventories 01/05 NA NA -8132K
Jan 11 08:30 Initial Claims 01/05 320K NA 329K
Jan 11 14:00 Treasury Budget Dec $26.0B $21.0B $11.2B
Jan 12 08:30 Export Prices ex-ag. Dec NA NA 0.1%
Jan 12 08:30 Import Prices ex-oil Dec NA NA 0.7%
Jan 12 08:30 Retail Sales Dec 0.7% 0.7% 1.0%
Jan 12 08:30 Retail Sales ex-auto Dec 0.5% 0.6% 1.1%
Jan 12 10:00 Business Inventories Nov 0.3% 0.4% 0.4%

Hi trendie,

good to see that you're keeping the thread going, thanks to ya for that.

I'm now on a month leave while waiting for my misses to pop our sprog so will try to trade full-time around that. Not sure how much I will contribute here though during the trading day, I may just add stuff in the evening each day.

Good luck to all and good trading for 2007.

Priceman said:
Hi trendie,

good to see that you're keeping the thread going, thanks to ya for that.

I'm now on a month leave while waiting for my misses to pop our sprog so will try to trade full-time around that. Not sure how much I will contribute here though during the trading day, I may just add stuff in the evening each day.

Good luck to all and good trading for 2007.

good luck with the trading, but better luck with the sprog, best thing that can happen to you.

j
had never heard that expression before, had to look it up (non english speaker here).

morning all, testing a new method now.

currently long from 12, now at BE, looking for 9390, probably 9410

good luck today

jacinto said:
morning all, testing a new method now.

currently long from 12, now at BE, looking for 9390, probably 9410

good luck today

1/2 out for +30

edit: stop to 30 for + 18 on the remainder. 9350 seems to be stiff.

Last edited:
jacinto said:
1/2 out for +30

edit: stop to 30 for + 18 on the remainder. 9350 seems to be stiff.

out for +18 on second half. total +24 on the full risk position.

good start for a new method, not the 80 pips it was targeting, but pips nonetheless.
still signalling a long.

Morning all,
Finally closed out my 3rd January VEBO Variant short from 1.9702 at 1.9333 which has made up for a December of choppy losses and brought the system back to new equity highs - hoorah! It just goes to show that you need to stick with it through the bad patches.

Good trading to all this week.

ChowClown said:
Nice morning's work, J :) Good luck with the new method.

thanks Chow. it really still needs a lot of work. could be good even for WW :)

actually, woke up at 5, too anxious to see it working in real time. first entry signalled at 9290, with first target 9330, which it met. it is giving extra low risk stops (i.e. 10 pip stops at times)

on the pullback, i decided to trade it for real, and it worked. it is quite a basic support and resistance.

J

long again at 28, stop 19

correction, stop 16

edit: out for -12.

certainly needs working. if you get the signal, take it. will refine it. and improve it.

Last edited:
a_gnome said:
Morning all,
Finally closed out my 3rd January VEBO Variant short from 1.9702 at 1.9333 which has made up for a December of choppy losses and brought the system back to new equity highs - hoorah! It just goes to show that you need to stick with it through the bad patches.

Good trading to all this week.
Nice tradin' a_g! Certainly boosts confidence in the method. I'm still with the 3rd Jan short, but just nudged lock in to +340 (i'll be out at the next test of 9350). My trend filter hasn't signalled long yet, but won't take much to flip from here. I have the weekly trend as short and the weekly WW (short) we posted a while ago seems to be playing out now....

Guys. No more please! I'm trying to forget I was still on holiday on Jan 3rd and missed the big day :cheesy:

Seriously though, well done to you all. Nice start to the year and yet another lesson that even if you have a bad time (as most did in December, I think) then it pays to stick with your method.

jacinto said:
long again at 28, stop 19

correction, stop 16

edit: out for -12.

certainly needs working. if you get the signal, take it. will refine it. and improve it.

well, this one is annoying. It is my mistake, both, the timing, the entry and the stop so have to take responsibility. have to write down the rules to avoid making mistakes as childish. only excuse is that this is a method developed over the weekend.

signal with rules should been long 18, stop below 10. oh well, the stats are now 50% success rate due to my mistake. . will have to do something about it.

mrng chaps signal for me is to the short side so just waiting for a good entry price

355 will do

...anyone else see a bearish WW forming (now on last leg up to point 5 c 9350) 30min?

ChowClown said:
...anyone else see a bearish WW forming (now on last leg up to point 5 c 9350) 30min?

yep, 9365 is a double bottom :eek: target, so most likely that is the reversal level

edit: assume this is what you have in mind

dc2000 said:
mrng chaps signal for me is to the short side so just waiting for a good entry price

355 will do

morning DC

can you please tell me why you think its a short ?

it looks to me as if its run out of steam ,

but you seem to get it right a lot of the time
if you can give me some insight into this , without giving anything away about yuur system
I would be greatful

Looking at the difference in price action between GBPUSD and EURUSD so far this morning, I can understand that those traders who really know how to be successful, opt to trade GBPUSD - price movement!