FX-2007: Feb26th > Mar 02nd

dc2000 said:
is everyone down the pub or are you gettin some o dis

I'll be back on long at 603 taking it to 670s

Strange you say that because I have been checking my subscribed threads and :rolleyes:

I've was long on cable from 610 regions but just took my profits at 640. I'm expecting some pull back before further progress to the upside.

dc2000 said:

Looking for a lot of volitility here today then, down 80 overnight, up 70+ this morning and you still want down to 603 (-40) up to 670 (+70) and down to 9570 (-100) for the end of the day!

Uphios said:
Looking for a lot of volitility here today then, down 80 overnight, up 70+ this morning and you still want down to 603 (-40) up to 670 (+70) and down to 9570 (-100) for the end of the day!

that would be nice I would prefer to not come off as much at the end of day ( 628 9pm close would be on the money) and short the 690s early tomorrow for a big tank but I would be happy with a 571 rally for 120 pips

Atilla said:
Strange you say that because I have been checking my subscribed threads and :rolleyes:

I've was long on cable from 610 regions but just took my profits at 640. I'm expecting some pull back before further progress to the upside.

what threads do you subscribe to?

I find it surprising with all the turmoil on the stock markets, that the fx market is stuck in such a narrow range. Normally a big sell-off in NY is a big negative for USD as overseas investors repatriate. The G7 finance men must be rubbing their hands with glee when they look at the price stability. However the longer it stays here, the more fierce the breakout presumably....

Offshore Trader said:
I find it surprising with all the turmoil on the stock markets, that the fx market is stuck in such a narrow range. Normally a big sell-off in NY is a big negative for USD as overseas investors repatriate. The G7 finance men must be rubbing their hands with glee when they look at the price stability. However the longer it stays here, the more fierce the breakout presumably....

Agreed. Look what's happened with the indices again during the morning. FX is a sea of tranquility!

Im enjoying the increased volatility on the indices but reducing size big time I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of it

still waiting on cable entry I would say that will come once US opens and dow re arms its short

Offshore Trader said:

the move in the indices is all about March expiry once that has been taken care of we should see a return to good moves for cable
I expect cable to be well on the way to 2.3000 by year end

...this 30min wolf wave might see your entry, dc.

Attachments

• WW 30min 010307.GIF
    WW 30min 010307.GIF
    20.9 KB · Views: 177
dc2000 said:

Hi dc2000 do you take into account the average daily range (or the average of daily range London trading hrs) as one factor of your forex strategy. Sorry if the question is too simple. I am sharpening a strategy where I use it along with other instruments like pivots ,MACD and so on. I would just like to check if other traders use it as well, or whether is is a myth that seems to be working at the moment.

dc2000 said:
the move in the indices is all about March expiry once that has been taken care of we should see a return to good moves for cable

I love these type of posts. i.e. good news.

Anything more specific on the return date of cable DC?

2.3000 sounds like a lot of fun!

dc2000 said:
Ahhhh. Perhaps I should re-think my current short bias on cable.

One comment on the supposed relative calmness of the FX markets compared to the Stock Indices. I think that this is just cable that is quiet. If you look at the various JPY charts you can see that there have been huge JPY moves in the last few days, presumably due to unwinding of carry trades that everyone's been in.

Also CHF is very strong at present, presumably as a safe haven status - have a look at EURCHF, normally a very calm cross. In fact cable is about the only really quiet FX market at the moment and does look terrible to trade.

I've actually stopped trading Vebo Variant recently, partly as I've finished my testing on it and partly due to poor currently performance. I'll re-start it when things perk up. Been doing ok trading the various JPY rates instead.

Asian break out = no break outs thus far (due to wide overnight range maybe - think Phil Newton mentions this)?

wow n ouch looking for a B/E exit then staying out for the day

will ans questions shortly

exiting 611

ChowClown said:
...this 30min wolf wave might see your entry, dc.
...target line hit. No trades for me today though.

Attachments

• WW 30min 010307 Tgt Hit.GIF
    WW 30min 010307 Tgt Hit.GIF
    15.7 KB · Views: 130