FX-2007: Feb26th > Mar 02nd

xx_joray_xx said:
long or short.....i'm just asking cuz i have been trying to follow your trading style.....you seem to be price driven......but just need more details......do you have a written stragie

That's like asking the Colonel what's in his secret sauce. :LOL:

It should be obvious but nobody can tell.....

I'd imagine there are many people who would love to know what equation DC uses and where we can steal if from....I mean, where we need to start from to work it out. :)

City Bound said:

I'd imagine there are many people who would love to know what equation DC uses and where we can steal if from....I mean, where we need to start from to work it out. :)

To paraphrase a certain someone and maybe this should be written in purple but "it is screaming at you, its obvious...." (I'm not telling though either!). :LOL:

Now, as for the secret colonel chicken recipe, that I'd like to know.... You could make KFC without the grease but then that just wouldn't be right!

City Bound said:

:LOL: :LOL:

didnt get above the 38 if we get 578 @ 3pm I'll take it for a small long

I had a Leonard Cohen record on yesterday actually. Was the right background music for what was going on in the markets.

Jack o'Clubs said:
I had a Leonard Cohen record on yesterday actually. Was the right background music for what was going on in the markets.

Scorpions - Rock you like a hurricane
Van Halen - Eruption

were on my playlist yesterday

I actually have a couple of his albums but I was watching 'The Young Ones' on youtube yesterday and it was a line from Neil and as nobody was replying in my 'FX Minors' thread, I thought it rather apt!

Talking Heads - 'road to nowhere' ...at the moment

What a week to try a new 4 hour strat!

wasp said:
Talking Heads - 'road to nowhere' ...at the moment

What a week to try a new 4 hour strat!

Im hearin ya time to go do something less boring

Phil Mibbutz said:
This week I'm mostly listening to China Crisis.
Just have heard a rummer - free chopsticks from Shanghai - to eat the profits.
Chinese gov in pains to reassure, they understand that the economic meltdown would hurt them first, however it appears that for a long extended up-moves the reason or excuse for a kind of correction do not have to be grand.

Another horrible day. My month has been saved by selling FTSE and DAX calls last week because trading breakouts has been terrible the last two weeks. A quick look at the daily charts shows the problem, lots of sharp reversals with the open and close really close together. Anyway, new month hopefully fx can find some direction.

Good evening all

still bored

the numbers for tomorrow are sell 671 for 100
Friday sell 690 for 185

For Chow

today's trade.

Chow, you mentioned something about the Phil Newton video. You are right, but remember he is a discretionary trader. It comes down to where you define the range and therefore the breakout

Chart shows

1) rectangle with 00-08 GMT range (the phil newton range)
2)smaller rectangle 630-08 GMT
3) True overnight range is in yellow (no shadow). In this case, obviously one has to see the chart.

This level of discretion doesnt suit automated trading, that is the problem IMHO.

j

Attachments

• for chow.gif
    for chow.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 187
jacinto said:
today's trade.

Chow, you mentioned something about the Phil Newton video. You are right, but remember he is a discretionary trader. It comes down to where you define the range and therefore the breakout

Chart shows

3) True overnight range is in yellow (no shadow). In this case, obviously one has to see the chart.

This level of discretion doesnt suit automated trading, that is the problem IMHO.

j
Thanks for the notes, J. Agreed, Phil's style is different to my own, it was more a passing comment on the fact that he uses a pullback into a range, as dc commented. He enters on a break of 15 min dojis within the range, from memory.

I haven't automated VEBO (yet) and if I was to, it would be a simpler version than i currently use....my coding is poor at best.

ChowClown said:
Thanks for the notes, J. Agreed, Phil's style is different to my own, it was more a passing comment on the fact that he uses a pullback into a range, as dc commented. He enters on a break of 15 min dojis within the range, from memory.

I haven't automated VEBO (yet) and if I was to, it would be a simpler version than i currently use....my coding is poor at best.

Hi chow,

then it sounds like you can find something in between (market conditions dependent)

j

is everyone down the pub or are you gettin some o dis

I'll be back on long at 603 taking it to 670s

jacinto said:
today's trade.

Chart shows

j

The pin Bar around 0830 (Bottom right of your chart and marked with an "X") is another useful tool for discretionary traders.