FX-2007: Feb19th > Feb 23th

Where will GBPUSD go this week? (last week was SAME)

• Higher: At least 200 pips higher than last weeks close.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Same: Within 200 pips of last weeks close.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Lower: At least 200 pips lower than last weeks close.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dunno, and dont care

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
todays trade using pinbars by blending bars, and price bars to determine exits.

Price pattern (descending triangle) unfortunately didnt work. Resistance at 9480 turned out to be strong.

result +40, not the +80 i was looking for, but happy noneless

jacinto said:
todays trade using pinbars by blending bars, and price bars to determine exits.

Price pattern (descending triangle) unfortunately didnt work. Resistance at 9480 turned out to be strong.

result +40, not the +80 i was looking for, but happy noneless
Hiya mate, what strat do you use then now? You were using wolfe waves and now pin bars... or do you just make it up as you go along? :cool: Whatever you do it seems to work, well done.

Priceman said:
Hiya mate, what strat do you use then now? You were using wolfe waves and now pin bars... or do you just make it up as you go along? :cool: Whatever you do it seems to work, well done.
hey priceman

the wolfe waves are but a pattern, not a strat. still using the same old same old price action and price reading. if patterns are there, use them as i go along. pinbars, is one, the wolfies are another. my favourite are 123s combined with a pitchfork and a pinbar for the early entry.

but what i am increasingly doing is to blend bars to read between the lines. So on this trade, there are 3 price patterns (Actually 4)

1) triple top
2) pinbar (last high on triple top and signal of early entry
3) a pinbar is a type of H&S (at least it is how i am reading it for the time being)
4) descending triangle for continuation which failed.

thanks, it is working. so happy there. have been trying to incorporate a few indicators, but honest they are just blurring my chart. still use them for a "heads up" or "resistance there, support here" type of way. So, if it aint broke, I wont fix....probably just paint it a tiny bit :D

J

Hi all sold into 514 as its already moved in good favour ,that to me if the trend is to go down still shouldnt test my entry and if it does I dont want to be in it so stop to breakeven. Henks technique so to speak. :)

Today's menu: Turtle soup

I guess my trendfollowing system will suffer a bit of turbulence today.

Im breaking for a cuppa now, stop positive +5 to 1.9509. Thinking about it, my entry was good im still showing my middle trend down so if it does spring 1.9509+ i'll be stopped out positive and able to re -assess , to either look to sell again or look to buy .likely in a few hours though if it does spring beyond 520's

At the mo though still shortski and gagging.

May as well pay myself if im wrong thanks to good entries and henks stops ?

Yesterday was a nice move. VEBO sellshort was picked up by CYCLE BUY. Netting around 90pips.

Today, VEBO sellshort and CYCLE Buy are up against each other. For long, target is 571. For short, at least 449. Who's short and who's long atm?

Attachments

• cable_070220.jpg
    cable_070220.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 180
currently short 514 , Stop now moved to 494, paying me + 20 now even if im wrong .

The good thing is if it does now spring 494 and up if you still have a short bias you could get an even better fill higher up or take a long lunch ?

This trades done or can do what it does from here on. wonderfuls?

Hi ChowClown, good to see you, too. Yes, I should be here until Friday close. I am short, too. The best trade will be to go Long from 450. May be I am too greedy then.

Good op to sell 90 on that blip up stop still +20 , 494 if we are going to getting new sessional lows then this should kick in over the next few bars. Or we see if it sticks between 480-490.

My shortest timeframes oscilatiing between down and up, now just reading up on that test of 490 so the stop 494 is perfect for any sudden upside spring if it happens.