Where will cable be at Fridays close

• Up

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Same

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Down

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
Hi Chow -another inside hourly candle forming- worth going short this time do you think?

wasp....a question on your NOK chart, i can see why you exited the long on the trailed stop but going by the rules it should have had you short 5 or 6 bars later or do you use another indicator as a filter?
Nice trading by the way, i'm trying your set up on other markets.

cloudbase said:
wasp....a question on your NOK chart, i can see why you exited the long on the trailed stop but going by the rules it should have had you short 5 or 6 bars later or do you use another indicator as a filter?
Nice trading by the way, i'm trying your set up on other markets.

Sorry, not sure I follow you? Do you mean the original entry this morning?

Sorry , didn,t make it very clear. From the exit bar yesterday with the Happy black tick on it, should the ma's have had you short 5 or 6 bars later. Just interested why you filtered that signal.

Got ya... No filter other than I'm new too NOK and I was more than happy with the profit for one day and disn't wat to push it. The time of day did play into it but at the moment no concrete rules are written in yet (ie No. of trades, time of day, targets etc...)

OTT on the flag there :LOL:

what next sheepskins and helmets n ridding in boats

seriously nice trade though

Last edited:
dc2000 said:
OTT on the flag there :LOL:

what next sheepskins and helmets n ridding in boats

seriously nice trade though are you using 4hrly for entry or was that just to show trades better

Do ya like it DC! Think my obsession with NOK maybe a little much! You should see my profile pic!

No the trade was based on 30 min just as the charts showing. I prefer the shorter timeframes so I can try keep the stops small as possible.

cloudbase said:
Ok, thanks. it looks to be very impressive on markets that trend well.

Yeah naturally it works much better on trending markets like this type of indicator based set up will do. I'm gonna spend a few days having a proper butchers back through... this may have just been a good week and there are far more choppy days than trenders but soon find out :cheesy:

Does triple witching affect currencies much? I can't actually remember the last one?

Just need to find an indicator to keep you out of the chop, will post if i find anything to fit the bill.

15 Sep. 06 05:00 Leading Economic Index (Japan)
15 Sep. 06 05:00 Coincident Index (Japan)
15 Sep. 06 06:00 EU 25 New Car Registrations (E-Z)
15 Sep. 06 07:15 Producer & Import Prices MoM (Switzerland)
15 Sep. 06 08:00 Trade Balance (NO)
15 Sep. 06 08:00 Industrial Production sa MoM (Italy)
15 Sep. 06 09:00 CPI MoM (E-Z)
15 Sep. 06 09:00 CPI - Core YoY (E-Z)
15 Sep. 06 09:00 Trade Balance sa. (E-Z)
15 Sep. 06 10:30 ECB's Gonzalez-Paramo Press conference (E-Z)
15 Sep. 06 12:30 CPI MoM (US)
15 Sep. 06 12:30 New Motor Vehicle Sales MoM (Canada)
15 Sep. 06 12:30 CPI Ex. Food & Energy (US)
15 Sep. 06 12:30 Empire Manufacturing (US)
15 Sep. 06 13:15 Industrial Production (US)
15 Sep. 06 13:15 Capacity Utilization (US)
15 Sep. 06 13:45 U. of Michigan Confidence (US)
15 Sep. 06 15:45 Fed's Hoenig Speaks in Colorado (US)
15 Sep. 06 17:00 Baker Hughes Rig Count (US)

Having a butchers around for wider economic calander and I think this covers a bit more and I am guessing right now that (NO) is Norway which, if it is, could be good news!

Morning all,

I'm short from 8862 and wary. Will watch PA around pivot area (8850ish). Ideally like to see an hrly trendline bounce off 8820-30 before resuming longs...

hans123 did quite well yesterday.
today it has triggered short.

Vegas: stop-loss moved to 1.8795 (other end of tunnel from yesterdays trigger: MAs have moved up)
so 15 pips locked in for final lot.

dc2000 said:
I could live with that 8821 to 956 before US

y'days euro-seesion low of 8756 and us-session high of 8918 as range.
the fib-61.8% retrace from that high gives 8821 +-5.

cant figure out the 956 - yet.

DC: are these your expected trading ranges for today ?