Currency trading (Aug 28th > Sept 1st)

gm all. is it going to be chops all the way? Looking like a short in the 30min brewing. but not breaking might just put a bilateral trade through.

long if it breaks 40 and holds short if it breaks 30 and holds.

wasp said:
Now isn't this fun!

yes. and no.
no, cos nowt happening.
yes, cos I am not fidgeting to put a trade on just for the hell of it.
no signal = no trade.
(by the way, I will be "Vegas Tunnel"ing it from next week.)

trendie said:
yes. and no.
no, cos nowt happening.
no signal = no trade.

Are you back to trading next week then Trendie? Have you finished the job you were on or will you be doing both?

Wasp---
I am going to try today what I was talking about on NFP. Did you ever find out the data in regards to how many times cable has moved 300 pips on that news?

Not got round to it yet. I'll have a proper butchers later. I was hoping I'd find something online that had the figures going back 20 years for each but I think thats a bit hopeful so I'll have to do it manually. The only person who may have it is FetteredChinos but its been a long time since he was around.

wasp said:
Are you back to trading next week then Trendie? Have you finished the job you were on or will you be doing both?
actually finished yesterday, Aug-31 - a 4-month project.
So, back to intra-daying it full-time until the money runs out! :cheesy:

(wont be trading today, just getting the feel of being at the screen all day - re-learning to monitor without wanting to trade, and not fretting about missing big moves, because there's always tomorrow. Its easier to do when you are working, as you are concentrating on something else.)

trendie said:
yes. and no.
no, cos nowt happening.
no signal = no trade.

Have you spent time "Vegas"ing before? Which one do you use? I've been trying the 1hr.

trendie said:
wont be trading today, just getting the feel of being at the screen all day - re-learning to monitor without wanting to trade, and not fretting about missing big moves, because there's always tomorrow. Its easier to do when you are working, as you are concentrating on something else

But its NFP day Trendie, you don't want to miss that opportunity (sorry, that probably doesn't help :cheesy: ;) )

City Bound said:
Have you spent time "Vegas"ing before? Which one do you use? I've been trying the 1hr.

Me too, hourlies.
24-EMA on the hourlies. But my tunnel is the 24-EMA of the Highs and the 24-EMA of the Lows, thus producing my tunnel. Short on break of the 24EMA-Lows, with the 24-EMA-High as notional stop-loss. And vice-versa. Not classic tunnel, but suits me.

Will use 2-lots per trade. The first lot out at Boll-Band(std 21,2), rather than Fib-89 as profit target for 1st lot. More dynamic. Trail 2nd lot.
I like the Vegas because it has the right combination of bagging early profits in case we are in a range, but keeping a trailer just in case it becomes a trend.

wasp said:
But its NFP day Trendie, you don't want to miss that opportunity (sorry, that probably doesn't help :cheesy: ;) )

there will be others. :)

nefariousbaffler said:
Do you have more info on "vegas"ing...not familiar with it

may not be the latest. but if you google "vegas wealth builder", there is a forexfactory post with docs to download.

EDIT: I would upload it, but my version is over 3Meg. A bit cumbersome!

Is this a true short just want to suck me in. or maybe I should go long. or since it is maybe this or that do nothing.. What a week... Should I just take a holiday until the next Fed meeting?

This is all about what the Fed will or will not do. ah! getting rather tiresome.

Has been a fun old week, two really... maybe I will move over to day trading something like Vodafone next week... probably see bigger swings than cable of late!

I would do nothing

this is not a bull run its a short squeeze and PA says there is a high probability of a fast move to take out the last before a genuine move

dc2000 said:
I would do nothing

this is not a bull run its a short squeeze and PA says there is a high probability of a fast move to take out the last before a genuine move

I wasn't planning on really going anywhere... just ride out the slow and enjoy the great to come...

Vegas has his own site - tunneltrading dot com. As most of you know, I run a variant on the 1 hour and it works very well.

sorry wasp post was in response to cooltrader Im sure cable will give you some action in the coming weeks