Currency trading (Sept. 4th > 8th)

14:05 GMT September 8. while skirting direct policy inferences, FRB Cleveland president Sandra Pianalto (voter) says the Fed's decision to suspend the rate hike campaign in August was appropriate. Like Yellen Thursday, Pianalto asserts the pause allows the Fed more time to process existing and incoming information on the economy and the lagged effects of prior policy adjustments.

Pianalto's speech is on inflation, inflation expectations and monetary policy. She says there is still much to be learned about how inflation expectations are formed.

coolTrader said:
trichet is speaking ooops!

Boston, September 8. While remaining a vigilant as vigilant can get, ECB chief Trichet says foreign exchange volatility is "not welcome". With EUR/USD about as un-volatile as can be in recent months, he must be making a veiled reference to EUR/JPY, though he refused to confirm that.

:LOL:

Doji in the USD/CHF chart and it's hard to believe that these long positions will be left over the weekend. Expect the dollar to fall from here but my words of wisdom haven't been too good today!

Offshore Trader said:
Chow, how did your system work earlier? I assume you got stopped out at b/e but did not reinstate the sell order and so are flat? If you did reinstate the order what is the trigger to do that? Of course, if you're not comfortable with explaining your trades, that's fine with me
Hi OT, yes ordinarily i'd have been flat after the BE stop. As luck would have it I had to leave the trade unattended for several hours this afternoon so the stop wasn't moved to BE. The 're-arming' isn't exact, i just wait for price to reach the middle ground between the two order levels. In fact i'm thinking of dropping the re-arm to reduce losses during chop which simplifies an already KISS approach.

br

Last edited:
ChowClown said:
Hi OT, yes ordinarily i'd have been flat after the BE stop. As luck would have it I had to leave the trade unattended for several hours this afternoon so the stop wasn't moved to BE. The 're-arming' isn't exact, i just wait for price to reach the middle ground between the two order levels. In fact i'm thinking of dropping the re-arm to reduce losses during chop and further simplifies an already KISS approach.

Nothing wrong with being lucky! I could have done with a bit of it today. Have a good weekend