Currency trading (Aug 28th > Sept 1st)

swings and roundabouts... only amonth ago I was moaning I kep exiting trades too early whilst they run another 100 pips afterwards...

the good will come for all

zuke said:
Vegas has his own site - tunneltrading dot com. As most of you know, I run a variant on the 1 hour and it works very well.

is it worth subscribing, zuke ? ($325 pa)
are there any extra pages you get to see as a subscriber?
the tradelog mentions various "models", which is certainly interesting.
I am making assumption that the modesl described in the forefactory downloads have not changed appreciably since they were posted.

PS: good to know Vegas works, and from a long-time poster - shows positive-expectancy. guess its a "model #zuke ".
hope I can add a "model #trendie" soon. :)

Whats the general consencus for today's NFP then... ?

Personally favouring down :arrowd: circa 1.8850

Im currently long for the 2nd time today I dont want to see a price of 9001 before NFP if I get 51 before then I will take position off and wait for a better price to go short

btw..does anybody successfully straddle the major news? Maybe 35-40 pips either side? Havent tried it, but will give it a go today for a couple of mini lots.

trendie said:
is it worth subscribing, zuke ? ($325 pa)
are there any extra pages you get to see as a subscriber?
the tradelog mentions various "models", which is certainly interesting.
I am making assumption that the modesl described in the forefactory downloads have not changed appreciably since they were posted.

PS: good to know Vegas works, and from a long-time poster - shows positive-expectancy. guess its a "model #zuke ".
hope I can add a "model #trendie" soon. :)

I didnt subscribe, because I think you can get enough from the free stuff. Download the indicators on your MT4 chart and demo trade it to see if it fits into your trading style.

btw..does anybody successfully straddle the major news? Maybe 35-40 pips either side? Havent tried it, but will give it a go today for a couple of mini lots.

No but if we hit 51 again and pullback you could have a good boxplay breakout

I would like this baby to give me 9068 before the light show begins.

Everyone get in alright? Any brokers to moan about?

Next step > targets....... still got my eye on 8850 myself (eventually, maybe!)

wasp said:
Everyone get in alright? Any brokers to moan about?

Next step > targets....... still got my eye on 8850 myself (eventually, maybe!)

I managed to take a (paper-traded) piece of the action using OandA despite the fact that their demo server has been down for 90% of the time since the news release.

Can someone who is using the live version just confirm for me that their live version stays up and allows you to place and amend orders quickly during such hectic market conditions?

so far every market Im watching has completed their target except cable which leaves 1.9115 outstanding so for me its no go

catch ya all latta

a_gnome said:
I managed to take a (paper-traded) piece of the action using OandA despite the fact that their demo server has been down for 90% of the time since the news release.

Can someone who is using the live version just confirm for me that their live version stays up and allows you to place and amend orders quickly during such hectic market conditions?

will moan about my broker later. But why is the jpy gaining grounds. is this a turning point?

a_gnome said:

I used OANDA live. Yes, it stays up and yes you can change orders quickly. BUT! I got screwed by the widening spread. It went up to 15 pips, which shouldn't have been that bad but it literally hit my stop on the nose and then carried on down. I reshorted, at a much lower price because of the spread, and ended up only making 20 pips. That sucks!!!

I tried a paper trade on Etrade spreadbetting as they appear to have a 3 pip spread. Spread was maintained throughout the big move but loads of slippage on the fill and it stopped me out at a price that does not appear to have printed even on a tick chart... So glad I didn't have my real money with them.

City Bound said:
I used OANDA live. Yes, it stays up and yes you can change orders quickly. BUT! I got screwed by the widening spread. It went up to 15 pips, which shouldn't have been that bad but it literally hit my stop on the nose and then carried on down. I reshorted, at a much lower price because of the spread, and ended up only making 20 pips. That sucks!!!

i think the actual market (both futures & interbank) spread was also 15pips when the news hit the wires. but the problem with oanda is they keep the spread wider for longer.

martin brown said:
i think the actual market (both futures & interbank) spread was also 15pips when the news hit the wires. but the problem with oanda is they keep the spread wider for longer.

I both agree and understand.....doesn't stop me being annoyed though! :(

I did a little straddle on CS and it reminded me why I can never trade serious money with those cowboys. I had a sell order at 8975 which was hit but not filled until...wait for it....11 mins later. Guess what? the price at that time was 9025!

It's for that very reason that most serious full time traders dont use SB's.