Currency trading (Sept. 4th > 8th)

Are we breaking 700? The senior traders seem to be repositioning after the juniors kept us high over the summer! I'm not sure it'll carry on as it has unless we get high CPI. That seems unlikely, despite high unit labour costs, considering the pullback in energy.

Hi all,

Yep, couldn't keep away but no I am not trading. Just checking my mail and had to have a quick butchers!!!

Glad I'm not trading although I would be happilly short again if I was... No point fighting the trend and all that!

DC, I assume you are trying to pick the reversal and expect some big Northern move?

Offshore Trader said:
It looks to me that we will at least have a look at resistance around 70/80 level but it wouldn't surprise me if we have a dart below 8700 first to take out the longs (like me)

I closed my long at 20 (-5 pts) but I'm not convinced the market is going to finish down today. Having said that, I would be surprised if it managed to finish above 1.8775

Offshore Trader said:
I closed my long at 20 (-5 pts) but I'm not convinced the market is going to finish down today. Having said that, I would be surprised if it managed to finish above 1.8775

It might. as people start to cover their shorts for the weekend. Or maybe not we wait and see.

dc2000 said:
just looking to square things up before next week

is that another of your clues, dc?

square of time and price ? :)

(have just been reading simon singhs website about cryptography, game theory and blackjack)

A very annoying day. Got stopped out of my short at breakeven in that spike just before the figures and convinced myself that it wasn't going to fall and so only had buy orders in place. Managed to catch all the bad bits and missed the good bit today.

Chow, how did your system work earlier? I assume you got stopped out at b/e but did not reinstate the sell order and so are flat? If you did reinstate the order what is the trigger to do that? Of course, if you're not comfortable with explaining your trades, that's fine with me

Offshore Trader said:
A very annoying day. Got stopped out of my short at breakeven in that spike just before the figures and convinced myself that it wasn't going to fall and so only had buy orders in place. Managed to catch all the bad bits and missed the good bit today.

what figures?

Offshore Trader said:

Same here. beaten heavily today but not out...still here...