Currency Trading (Nov 6th > Nov 10th)

Where will GBPUSD close on Friday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ChowClown said:
...seems a tight stop, but then the force is strong today....

hi, yes, tight, seems like i am not using my brain correctly.

depends on the target and setup the timeframe for pullbacks. in this case was using 5 and 15 min charts. but as we speak, i think i will be stopped out. small trade though.

and entry was 54, not 50 (see what i mean with not getting on well with things)

well. not the last chance

Offshore Trader said:
Stopped at 39 for +30 :(

Not the big move I was hoping for.

we may be in for a surprise later on....bull flag on daily chart broken, and a significant move up to target.

Ben and Trichet speaking later... may be a pullback prior then a resumation of the triangle break after...?

jacinto said:
we may be in for a surprise later on....bull flag on daily chart broken, and a significant move up to target.

long again at 44 on bull flag on 1 minute chart.

Seems to me the move through 9140 was primarily stop hunting, need to close above 9120 today if this up move has legs to reach well over 9350 next week.
Just my 2 cents. :)

looking for the exit and then the turn, will the speaches be the catalyst? we need to be in the 220/235 for the exits

jacinto said:
long again at 44 on bull flag on 1 minute chart.

flag target at 85. take half out there, rest remaining at be, and waiting for new continuation patterns for compounding

jacinto said:
flag target at 85. take half out there, rest remaining at be, and waiting for new continuation patterns for compounding

if this doesnt move NOW will take all profits for +25

dc2000 said:
looking for the exit and then the turn, will the speaches be the catalyst? we need to be in the 220/235 for the exits

Hi Dc, what price did you long? :)

15min Harmonic

Having a bit of fun watching this possible bearish harmonic setup on the 15min. Will be void if this am's high taken out from here. Might be interesting later....might not, knowing cable of late.

Attachments

• Cable 5-0 15min 101106.GIF
    Cable 5-0 15min 101106.GIF
    21.2 KB · Views: 195
ChowClown said:
Morning all,

Rav, what do you look for, for the completion of 'Big Ben'?

Good trading today.

I am very sorry I could not post today as I had some personal chores to carry out any way.....
Well well just as I said....
My Trade came through with long @ 90 and limit at 135 =+45

Also with regards to you question of a completion of big ben well I have always make sure of the following:
Please note these are my own rules so dont take them as the holy grail...

1.I ensure that for big ben to be completed It has to be between the support and resistance line and not near any major fibs....

2.I watch a 5 Min chart and ensue that when the first 5 min candle retraces to the level of the previous 5 min candle bear candle ie and engulfing bull candle then I take my position and go long with a stop exactly 15 pips away......

3. How to measure the drop from my exp you can expect atlest 15-30 pip movement......

So for example as soon as it clears 15 pips I become extravigilant and wait for and entry generally a very good entry for me is on the 25th pip but eveyone has its own....

4. Stochs 5 min turn in direction of trade

4.Market overview....... to determine direction

What happened today....
Well it got to 104 then dropped to 74......I was going to take an entry at 90 but said I would wait till big ben had finished which I did as soon as cable dropped more than 30 pips I place order entry in at 90.....( usually would have place a manual trade at 80 as this was the indication on a 5 min chart....but as I had fixed feeling about the trade would not enter till the reverse was definate.....

I hope this helps

How did you do today chow clown :LOL:

Last edited:
jacinto said:
out +25. not the 40 pips, but profit is profit
Well done jacinto seems like you had a much better day than yesterday....I

really respect DC's decision of staying out of the market yesterday.......Well done DC another great call :D