Currency trading (Oct 30th > Nov 3rd)

Flip your shiny dollar, and tell me where it will land?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've closed my short @ B/E and have gone long. All that buy pressure, the possibility of a huge number of people switching from short to long and the shear fundementals have made me think that we could be heading north. It just seems that all the US data is coming in below expectations yet everyone continues to think we can have a $ recovery. The anticipanted 128k on NFP just seems overoptimistic.

Sorry for the ramble!

61.8 fib bounce (5min) from this morning's move so far, but hard to see it making a concerted 2nd leg effort before 13:30, but who knows.

If you take the high of Wed and the low of yesterday... we are currently sitting at the 50% fib level, it wont move much from this point now until the news IMO, everyone's in position... for either side break now...

Good luck for later everyone!

Prior to the figures I moved my stop to -20 and then my short at 40 was executed at 32. So short at 32 and -20 for the day. Hope we see some good unwinding of dollar shorts this afternoon. What were everyone else's fills like?

Offshore Trader said:
Prior to the figures I moved my stop to -20 and then my short at 40 was executed at 32. So short at 32 and -20 for the day. Hope we see some good unwinding of dollar shorts this afternoon. What were everyone else's fills like?
hi OT, filled to the pipette through Oanda.

Oanda crashed as usual for me about 5 minutes after the announcement. Fill was fine on USD\CHF but slippage was 22pts on cable, this is becoming the norm with Oanda.

nheath100 said:
Oanda crashed as usual for me about 5 minutes after the announcement. Fill was fine on USD\CHF but slippage was 22pts on cable, this is becoming the norm with Oanda.

Hasn't Oanda always been like that? I use MiG and cmsfx, both do me fine. And cmsfx have been getting better as time goes by.

Ah some pics...

Notice the grey lines, that's from the 60min

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=23431&stc=1

And then after the NFP report

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=23432&stc=1

Like a lead weight through water

Attachments

• 3novgbpusd.PNG
    3novgbpusd.PNG
    61.8 KB · Views: 290
  • 3novgbpsud2.PNG
    3novgbpsud2.PNG
    65.3 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Well there's a political NFP if ever I saw one. The number is below expectations but, oh! Look at that! There's a massive revision to the old data. That just happens to give president Bush the perfect unemployment figure of 4.4% to crow about. What a load of rubbish!

Hoping to see a classic 33% retrace from here.

close out my "optimal" short taken at 1.9085 for +80.
my non-optimal short taken at 1.9063 set to b/e. ( may close for +10 at 1.9053 )

a nasty week for me, going short earlier in the week.
will have to re-evaluate the use of Stochs +-50 as trend-identifiers.
looks like its going to be back to using EMAs. (just when I thought I was weaning myself off indicators)

trendie said:
my non-optimal short taken at 1.9063 set to b/e. ( may close for +10 at 1.9053 )

Pleased you were still in Trendie......

Offshore Trader said:
trendie said:

Pleased you were still in Trendie......

it was scary.
the market went rangey for two days. Since I use 4-hours, my stop-losses are massive and "manage" positions, hence the short when market went against me.

and rangey markets give false signals, had to ride through all that garbage.
( felt confident of turn as there was a doji on the daily, and y-day posted both a lower-H and Lower-L )

faro0485 said:
Hasn't Oanda always been like that? I use MiG and cmsfx, both do me fine. And cmsfx have been getting better as time goes by.

I never had any problems with them in the past but the last 3 months have been problematic :devilish:

Maybe I will look to move.

Still can't logon to their platform so this must be a record for them!

I am definitely talking my own book but wouldn't it be reasonable to expect cable to test the support at 8960?