Currency trading (Oct 30th > Nov 3rd)

Flip your shiny dollar, and tell me where it will land?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
City Bound said:
Well there's a political NFP if ever I saw one. The number is below expectations but, oh! Look at that! There's a massive revision to the old data. That just happens to give president Bush the perfect unemployment figure of 4.4% to crow about. What a load of rubbish!

Hoping to see a classic 33% retrace from here.

Yep, I was long and wrong too ;)

But I agree - something fishy in them thar numbers and I'd be looking for things to come back from here rather than USD rise further through rest of day. Very interesting reaction on bonds/equities - bonds hammered, but equities, while up, hardly flying. Gold also heading back after an initial sell-off.

ChowClown said:
hmm, lost Oanda now too...

don't worry I've just watched CS cost me 26 pips due to them executing orders illogically. Thankfully I was watching otherwise I would have been out of the game totally.

It'll take me ten minutes to rewrite my code to resolve the issue but its now got to be far more vindicitive to their servers.

Chow I'll PM you over the weekend.

When i first lost connection with Oanda the chart was still up but the rates weren't ticking, but i could still move the stop?? It then crashed completely and has only just come back again. Logged in thinking the stop wouldn't have been honoured, but it was thankfully, so up just a few pips on the day after this morning's -30. First time i've experienced a 'connectivity issue' with them in 3 months. Chatted to one of their reps/bots online and they said it was the first time it had happened!....lol.

Good luck wiv da code, eek ;)

probably my imagination, but I think I am seeing Delta monthlies now!!

The chart shows blue markers on "Green" lines which seem to indicate major turning points.
The magenta markers seem to be important retraces, mostly just after the "Orange" lines. There is one period where the turn occurred earlier.
Anyway, next full moon, and for me, a "Green" period, occurs on November 5th.
Its always difficult knowing whether a turn will occur or not, thats the random function of Delta.

Major turning, anyone?

Attachments

• delta_monthly.GIF
    delta_monthly.GIF
    142.4 KB · Views: 209
trendie said:
probably my imagination, but I think I am seeing Delta monthlies now!!

The chart shows blue markers on "Green" lines which seem to indicate major turning points.
The magenta markers seem to be important retraces, mostly just after the "Orange" lines. There is one period where the turn occurred earlier.
Anyway, next full moon, and for me, a "Green" period, occurs on November 5th.
Its always difficult knowing whether a turn will occur or not, thats the random function of Delta.

Major turning, anyone?

Hi Trendie
I dont do delta ,
but I do gann lines, and drawing a 45 degree line from the last down turn on the 24th of Oct , shows that the price crossed the 45 degree line this morning ,
( when the price crosses the 45degree line we are in for a change of direction)
drawing fibs from the high 9116to the last big low on the 24th of Oct,
the 60% retracement is 8947, and the next gann line 26degrees crosses at the same place
8841is the38% fib line , and the 18degree gann line crosses it
who said technical analysis is dead ?

Kind Regards
Hornblower

ps on a 30min chart taking the low as the 31st of Oct at 11am ,
the 18 degree angle showed the turning point
and the 6 degree the bottom and close of day price

A good friend of mine says the if you draw enough line you can get anything to fit !

Last edited: