Currency Trading (Nov 6th > Nov 10th)

Where will GBPUSD close on Friday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Baruch said:
But there was no BO at 90?

True that was my entry regardless.........if you see my previous post you shall see that I was just waiting for the completion of bigben to place my order......hope this makes sense

Big Ben

rav700 said:
True that was my entry regardless.........if you see my previous post you shall see that I was just waiting for the completion of bigben to place my order......hope this makes sense

Is anyone one following Big Ben, over some months?
Comments?

rav700 said:

It can't be Big Ben, because Big Ben trades the BO from the Asian range.

rav700 said:
I am very sorry I could not post today as I had some personal chores to carry out any way.....
Well well just as I said....
My Trade came through with long @ 90 and limit at 135 =+45

Also with regards to you question of a completion of big ben well I have always make sure of the following:
Please note these are my own rules so dont take them as the holy grail...

1.I ensure that for big ben to be completed It has to be between the support and resistance line and not near any major fibs....

2.I watch a 5 Min chart and ensue that when the first 5 min candle retraces to the level of the previous 5 min candle bear candle ie and engulfing bull candle then I take my position and go long with a stop exactly 15 pips away......

3. How to measure the drop from my exp you can expect atlest 15-30 pip movement......

So for example as soon as it clears 15 pips I become extravigilant and wait for and entry generally a very good entry for me is on the 25th pip but eveyone has its own....

4. Stochs 5 min turn in direction of trade

4.Market overview....... to determine direction

What happened today....
Well it got to 104 then dropped to 74......I was going to take an entry at 90 but said I would wait till big ben had finished which I did as soon as cable dropped more than 30 pips I place order entry in at 90.....( usually would have place a manual trade at 80 as this was the indication on a 5 min chart....but as I had fixed feeling about the trade would not enter till the reverse was definate.....

I hope this helps

How did you do today chow clown :LOL:
Thanks for sharing that, Rav. Squeezed +30 out of the am session move, taken out on a stop by the 09:30 retracement. Was frustrated at the time thinking it might pop and run for a while above 9200, but in hindsight of course it wasn't a bad result.

ChowClown said:
Having a bit of fun watching this possible bearish harmonic setup on the 15min. Will be void if this am's high taken out from here. Might be interesting later....might not, knowing cable of late.
...now on the edge of the 9070-9100 zone for a turn towards 9120-9150, which completes the pattern and sets up the short. Haven't found out how to derive a target area yet. More googling required.

Trendie,

when you do the next weekly thread, can you include a poll for time held for trades? ie scalp, intraday or few days?

My trading partner, who is not a member of t2w. Always nice to see you raking in $$$$$$$.
I see I thought you may have got together with some other t2wers

Baruch said:
It can't be Big Ben, because Big Ben trades the BO from the Asian range.
I accept defeat..............Baruch
Best of luck with you trading
Rav

rav700 said:
Well done jacinto seems like you had a much better day than yesterday....I

really respect DC's decision of staying out of the market yesterday.......Well done DC another great call :D

thanks mate, cant complain. missed an entry for miscalculating retracement, so lost profit there, but again, profit is profit.

lets see what next week brings. good luck