Currency trading (Oct 30th > Nov 3rd)

Flip your shiny dollar, and tell me where it will land?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quercus said:
Hi guys,
Just wondered if someone could post a 15min chart of yesterday's action, preferably metatrader. As you know I've been sim trading a strat and yesterday placed my order long from 1.9086, stop 1.9062, and limit profit at 91.25. (Initially fancied a re-test of 9145 too but have been let down before so stemmed my greed!)Then went off to bed, as we're 13 hours ahead of GMT at the moment :eek:
I was filled nicely for a 39 pip profit on the spike, and just wondered if all was well with this trade on a "real" chart? I'm sure it is but I'd appreciate the comparison to make sure I'm not being conned! ;)
Cheers
Q

Here you go please let me know if you need any modifications done to this

Attachments

• 15 Min Chart for cable.JPG
    15 Min Chart for cable.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 192
smbtnt said:
Coincidentally I have 123 as a vacuum...let's wait and see...

Covered half at 1st target 060, rest at b/e. This just does not look like it wants to go down, more up pressure maybe tomorrow. No signals yet. Will have to stay in present short trade.

JER08 said:
Exited long 9133, +340 pips. :)

Which broker do you use JER08? Did you exit on market or limit order? I was furiously hitting the sell button at 30 and only got filled 10 pips away.

Last edited:
Quercus said:
Hi guys,
Just wondered if someone could post a 15min chart of yesterday's action, preferably metatrader. As you know I've been sim trading a strat and yesterday placed my order long from 1.9086, stop 1.9062, and limit profit at 91.25. (Initially fancied a re-test of 9145 too but have been let down before so stemmed my greed!)Then went off to bed, as we're 13 hours ahead of GMT at the moment :eek:
I was filled nicely for a 39 pip profit on the spike, and just wondered if all was well with this trade on a "real" chart? I'm sure it is but I'd appreciate the comparison to make sure I'm not being conned! ;)
Cheers
Q
There ya go mate, from CMC's platform

Attachments

• cable011106.JPG
    cable011106.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 177
Morning, gone long cable 9055, stop/target open.(ready to throw some pips away ;) )

Am long at 69 but don't like it at all. Having said that, as I have said before, my system is a lot better than my gut feeling, so I'm going with it. Going to cut the lawn and hope things look better when I'm back

City Bound said:
Looks like I'm the other side of your trade. Short @ 9055.

thank God* someone else is going short, as everyone seems to be long.
took short at 1.9063.
will take an "optimal" short, if it goes to 1.9085.

*: other dieties are available.

...best PMI since '04 and it's struggling. Like the sound of your optimal short Trendie...

...if it has the legs i see a measured move target (off the 5min) of 9096, at which point i'll move stop to b/e...

Eurgbp

Any thoughts?

Me thinks this EURGBP pattern can move cable significantly.

Since move is down, biased for break down, and should imply cable longs. However, daily bar yesterday is an inside bar, and todays is also an inside bar.....so far

Dont like yesterdays daily bar on cable, so only favour longs on break north.

Long cable for this afternoon's session seems likely, on the back of EURO news this morning and ECB at 12:45. I'd ideally like to see a bounce around 9075 (5min) and from there +70 northbound, unless US Claims at 13:30 intervene.

why doesnt it just drop - it knows it wants to!
this is unrelenting tedium - I am going to have to switch shorter time-frames just to have something to do.

trendie said:
why doesnt it just drop - it knows it wants to!
this is unrelenting tedium - I am going to have to switch shorter time-frames just to have something to do.

dont bother. chop chop there too.