Currency Trading (Nov 6th > Nov 10th)

Where will GBPUSD close on Friday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think if we get below 20 we could be going much lower. My risk is now -10 my reward should be much higher. It's about time we had a decent trend move in the European daytime

ChowClown said:
..indeed it is, wasp. Not convinced of the break tho' for today and will be feeling easier at b/e.
...and what with the wider trade gap rumour floating around, won't take the risk, so stop now at b/e. Might be better opportunities later.

Certainly is about time OT, its getting to be a tad boring....

or...

is it one of these... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• or.gif
    or.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 205
Afternoon all, longed us/chf 2490, stop/target open.

Stopped out at 53. -37 pips.

Last edited:
the perfect setup :cheesy: :rolleyes: :cool: :LOL: :( :confused: :( :D :eek:

Attachments

• gbp.gif
    gbp.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Gone long cable 9038, stop/target open.

Stop set to BE.

Last edited:
mburdge said:
China announced they were going to diversify from the Dollar. (And boy do they have a lot of Dollars!)

well, not TA for that then. lets see how this will change the setups

ouch, and thank you China

mburdge said:
China announced they were going to diversify from the Dollar. (And boy do they have a lot of Dollars!)

Hello Mark, nice to hear from you.

Now I'm willing to except I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, so perhaps someone could explain this one a little more for me.

China holds lots of dollars, which they could probably change into other currencies, over a period of time.

But rather than gradually adjust their % holdings, they come out with a statement, that is bound to have an impact on dollar strength.

If you are trying to sell something, it's not always a good idea to reduce it's value first.

Unless the end game, isn't as obvious as it first appears.

Makes you wonder who holds the balance of power, China, or Mr Greenspan, and Burntcakes.

Funny how Mr Greenspan has forgotten his retirement over the last few days.

chestney said:
Hello Mark, nice to hear from you.

Now I'm willing to except I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, so perhaps someone could explain this one a little more for me.

China holds lots of dollars, which they could probably change into other currencies, over a period of time.

But rather than gradually adjust their % holdings, they come out with a statement, that is bound to have an impact on dollar strength.

If you are trying to sell something, it's not always a good idea to reduce it's value first.

Unless the end game, isn't as obvious as it first appears.

Makes you wonder who holds the balance of power, China, or Mr Greenspan, and Burntcakes.

Funny how Mr Greenspan has forgotten his retirement over the last few days.

Hi Chestney, ( long time no speak)

China are indeed stuck between a rock and a hard place! (nice problem to have though)

They do want to reduce their Dollar reserves and probably buy more Euros / GBP.
But they also playing a poltical game; Remininding the US, who want them to devalue their currency, that they hold all the cards in this game. If the Chinese don't continue buying up the US debt every month, the US economy will crash hard and fast. (Not in anyone's interest)

MMM,
Looks like I'll have to lose some sleep when I start trading live again! :rolleyes:
Went short at around 09:15 from 1.9073, stop 1.9088 and target 1.8975. Got up and found my target missed by ONE pip due to the spread! :LOL: Might hold for now and watch the Asian session.:eek:
Cheers all
Q
PS - anyone know if you can trail stops in metatrader? If so how? Otherwise I might have to use Ninjatrader again.

Last edited: