Currency Trading (Nov 6th > Nov 10th)

Where will GBPUSD close on Friday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jacinto said:
hi rav

30 pips, where i should have left it in the first place :eek: swissy in profit, so funding it so far.

thanks rav,

jacinto

Well I hope everyone had a chance to make there pips.....A bit of a frustrating day but to be honest I think that things should get better after bank of england......

Coming to my main focus for tommorow.
I think there will be the initial spike and then cable will fall......lets get ready.... :idea:

Jacinto are you going to pre-trade the news.............

dc2000 said:
and exited at B/E

Hi Leo who is we?

I take this was the entry you had at 35.......

I am planning to short the market tommorow at an entry above 70 as I think there is a chance it will get there by 12:00 tommorow.....My only concearn is and hour and 30 mins later we have the trade balance report which could limit the move to some extent and create a bit of confusion in the trend decision.... :confused:

jacinto said:
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

or in other words, DIEZ-CUATRO (Big 10-4)

Diez-Cuatro or 10-4 is written in such a way to aid persons that encounter Spanish speakers daily while performing their jobs. Although it is aimed toward law enforcement in many of the phrases and scenarios, it can be used by other emergency personnel as well. For instance, one scenario goes from a traffic stop to arrest and then to booking the arrestee into corrections.

You are really testing my brain cells at 1:00 in the morning are'nt you :D

Good night mate I take that as a yes ....best of luck for tommorow :LOL:

rav700 said:

QUOTE]

oui, dix-quatre :cheesy:

seems like an asian trending market as opposed to the typical chop chop.

jacinto said:
rav700 said:

QUOTE]

oui, dix-quatre :cheesy:

seems like an asian trending market as opposed to the typical chop chop.[/QUOTE..

I really wanted to go long for 20 pips in the morning at 34 but missed the opp............should range I guess till 2:00....

My Entries today will be

Long @ 85 with tight stops
Short@]13with a 40 point stop :LOL:

Best of luck

just closed both positions....amazing swing trade:

swissy +6, cable -8......wow. impressed.

cable pattern still valid for short.
swissy vegas trade in doubt.

leovirgo said:
We have been using ChowClown's VEB strategy in conjunction with SuperTrend bias, the return for October was 400 pips. The maximum available pips was 790 for our system. Is this a good return? Our concern is the efficiency, it is 400/790= just over 50%.

That sounds like it's working pretty well. To me the key is consistency. If you can get minimum of 200 per month with an average of 400 then it's fine. The problem comes along when you have a steady bad patch and then you are then tempted to change/give up on your system.

For today, the rate increase is pretty much discounted and therefore the announcement shouldn't have to much effect unless it is unchanged, in which case Cable will get trashed. It's about time we had some days of steady trends. Cable has been a bit whippy the last few weeks. I'll be long at 91 and short at 44

I take this was the entry you had at 35.......

yes that was my short trade I exited, I am staying out of any action today as there has been too much positioning to the long side for me this week, The expected move would be a spike in both directions with a continuation tomorrow, the figs for the move are 9098 9020 9235

your trade has an exceptional high risk and a lower reward characteristics. bad trade

=========================================
In at 9045 stops at 9000 target 75

Nearly reached today, I took at 74... +29[/QUOTE]

pssonice said:
=========================================
In at 9045 stops at 9000 target 75

Nearly reached today, I took at 74... +29
[/QUOTE]

Making the pips is what counts I guess :cheesy:

My concern is that the rate hike (if it happens) will cause a small move up before a run lower. I have therefore halved my usual stakes on the buy order.

Offshore Trader said:
My concern is that the rate hike (if it happens) will cause a small move up before a run lower. I have therefore halved my usual stakes on the buy order.
Mr Offshore Trader what is you sell entry.......mine near 115

rav700 said:
Mr Offshore Trader what is you sell entry.......mine near 115

Nothing higher on the announcement. As I said earlier, I had breakout entry points at 44 and 91. So I am short at 1.9044. Could do with a bit of upside on EUR/GBP as I think the dollar looks shortterm bullish but maybe I'm talking my own book.

Re selling on a jump higher, I've lost way to much money try to guess tops/bottoms so prefer breakout systems now

pretty

one of them, innit!

Attachments

• tri.gif
    tri.gif
    23.2 KB · Views: 231
dc2000 said:
yes that was my short trade I exited, I am staying out of any action today as there has been too much positioning to the long side for me this week, The expected move would be a spike in both directions with a continuation tomorrow, the figs for the move are 9098 9020 9235
OK you got the 9020... back to 9098 this pm mate ?

..indeed it is, wasp. Not convinced of the break tho' for today and will be feeling easier at b/e.

It would be good to have another push south when the Americans adjoin to get the stops to b/e or profit. A follow through would sure be awful nice!