Currency trading (Aug 21st > 25th)

not a great day but hoping 3pm is going to change all that...!

Nil problemo Chow,

Now, we seem to have broken that channel and kicked off an H&S or is too early to say or I am I just being hopeful?

Okay, was hoping for more than that at least, maybe a small pullback first?

Morning everyone. Was short, got badly caught out by the Euro figs. Luckily the stops worked. Not quite sure where we go from here

Offshore Trader said:
Morning everyone. Was short, got badly caught out by the Euro figs. Luckily the stops worked. Not quite sure where we go from here

Price action wise , they just cannot decide if its up or down
so I am going to wait until they decide

morn... Rather dull. took the short b4 the news. I was not to greedy so came out and before my eyes it went the other way.. What a market. We are probably going to continue like this until durable goods and new home sales.

The way the market is behaving looks like they are expecting good figures. Hence the down side movement of the dollar seems to be holding. But I think I am out for now.

This is not saying it will not go up or down just that I am going to sit on the sideline till pm

Currently long with a tight stop as we just can't seem to get the momentum going this week and I'm not expecting all that much till US open really. Hopefully the news later will put a bit of life into the market.

Anyone know what Bernanke is talking about tomorrow?

That would be great wouldn't it... we need a good mover this week...

Can't help but notice that news really moved everything but cable... EURO, SWISS and EUR/GBP really went for it but for cables standards, pretty poor so far.

...is anyone else experiencing problems with Oanda atm?..doh, internet cache corrupted by the looks of it. Seems OK now.

Last edited:
I just noticed my limit on EurUsd was triggered @ 02. I had totally forgotten I had a limit order there from my analysis last night.. locked in 1 point and will see if Eur can make it far enough. hope this is the run to 1.35 :)

(Wasp) re: tomorrow's Bernanke speech,

He's addressing the Economic Symposium in Wyoming with regards to the 'general' economy & the Feds near-mid term reaction to their already transparent policies.

In other words, he'll reinforce the Feds vigilance towards inflationary pressure possibilities & warn of the need to remain focused on declining growth blah blah.

Last edited:
Took a long at .8916, got stoped out at .8927 +11 pips. Now short at .8925

Not sure how things will pan out.

-A8

Depending on data the targets I have for the day are; upwards high around 9008, downwards low 8795... I love putting my neck on the line and looking a fool ! :confused: :LOL:

I'm out of my long so would really like a short, preferably one that runs for about 150+ pips!