Currency trading (Oct 23rd > 27th)

Where will cable close Friday? Whats your TF of choice? (split/multi)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks likely. 880-890 would be the measured move off this morning's pa...beginning to lock a few pips in.

Last edited:
pnf chart buy signal at 1.8875 - another buy signal will be triggered at 8900
so long at 8876 - stop at 1.8800

dewi141 said:
pnf chart buy signal at 1.8875 - another buy signal will be triggered at 8900
so long at 8876 - stop at 1.8800

Trend is up for next week, so buying BO's ok with wide stop,though trying to buy dips would increase RR ratio.

I am long and biased. ;)

yes I agree. FYI - I have added to my posiiton and moved stop to 8825. I will look to add more if we see a retracement to mid 8850 level. cheers

Yesterday's and overnight high exactly reached the uptrend line from last week's move. This would make a great place for a retracement but the H&S identified yesterday looks quite compelling as well. I think that the move from this 80 level will probably provide the trend for the rest of the morning but figs at 1.30 and 2.45 will obviously provide some excitement later on

Offshore Trader said:
Yesterday's and overnight high exactly reached the uptrend line from last week's move. This would make a great place for a retracement but the H&S identified yesterday looks quite compelling as well. I think that the move from this 80 level will probably provide the trend for the rest of the morning but figs at 1.30 and 2.45 will obviously provide some excitement later on

morning
retracement ideally should come back down to test neckline. will assess price action if and when it reaches 8840-50. Eurodollar and Swissy in similar retracements to triggered patterns (123 for euro, channel break for swissy and apparent new down channel)

happy trading

Bored

Mornin' all...

Out of the 7 pairs I am now trading, cable is the most boring and pointless and seeing as I have my strat on API, I am no longer going to also trade it intraday.

Consequently, as this thread is 99% cable and no one really trades the exotics here much, I will be stepping back from the threads and won't starting the weekly thread either.

I shall leave it all in your capable hands guys and good trading to you all.

Its been emotional :LOL:

wasp.

PS Cheers for the PM's Jacinto

wasp said:

no worries, hope you liked the setups ;) .

Jacinto

P.S. Have a look at the USDMXN. Can give u a ride for your money.

wasp said:
Mornin' all...

Out of the 7 pairs I am now trading, cable is the most boring and pointless and seeing as I have my strat on API, I am no longer going to also trade it intraday.

Consequently, as this thread is 99% cable and no one really trades the exotics here much, I will be stepping back from the threads and won't starting the weekly thread either.

wasp.

Best of luck....mate you will be missed.........

wasp said:
Mornin' all...

wasp.

we are going to miss your imput
kind regards
Hornblower

Gbp/chf may be a good long at this level, I am long 2.3728, stop 2.3668 target open.

wasp,

I can understand your frustration. The strength of the thread is the focus on primarily cable.
Although this is a currency thread, posting multiple currencies could result in readers having to trawl through things they arent interested in. Always a difficult call as to the best form.

Personally, the occasional post on an exotic would be useful, as it gives a context for the volatility of cable relative to other pairs.

hope you pop in time to time.
I think we will all miss your drive and enthusiasm for trading. :)

As this thread seems to have quite a following, members should voice their interests as to how they would like the thread should develop.

Meantime, I will create the new weekly threads, unless I am beaten to it.

I think the strength of this thread is the general concentration on Cable but also the diversity of contributors. Occasional input on other currency pairs gives everyone an insight and new ideas. I hope Wasp looks in now and again and gives us a little of what he is doing elsewhere in the forex market. Good luck to him but let's hope it is au revoir rather than goodbye