Currency trading (Oct 2nd > 6th)

Where will it go? Where will it stop?

• Total voters
Morning, the bo will have me in short at 700, but will be tempted earlier short @720. 530 target according to zee calkoolashons (not by today though, surely). BO long order @772.

Hi Chow 772 thats just where I will be taking my first bit of profit

then the next ride will be 53 to 97 then 73 to 837 something like that

dc2000 said:

Hope not..Im holding aggregate shorts from 798, 785 and now 767. Taken some off the table already so no biggie if it goes to 8830, but a run to 8845 before NFP would really concern me.

ChowClown said:
Morning, the bo will have me in short at 700, but will be tempted earlier short @720. 530 target according to zee calkoolashons (not by today though, surely). BO long order @772.
...i'm favouring shorts around NFP, below the 5am 4hr bar low.

me too...

short cable
long usd/dkk and usd/nok
long euro (just in case!)

zuke said:
Hope not..Im holding aggregate shorts from 798, 785 and now 767. Taken some off the table already so no biggie if it goes to 8830, but a run to 8845 before NFP would really concern me.

if you ask dc2000 very nicely, he may give you todays ranges. ;)

( I too have started trading multiple positions; it feels more relaxed, I dont have to beat myself up about not gettting the ideal entry, as long as my net positions is in the correct ball-park. I split my entries in 3, so I get 3 goes. Makes managing stop-losses easier as well.)

FWIW I think that it is impossible to predict the action after the NFP. I think that the figures will provide the direction for the rest of the day. Most NFP days create straight line action after the figures and I will be trading the direction accordingly. I could of course be completely wrong :cheesy:

If you look at the nfp thread I did, I think it worked out to about 2/3 go one way till the end of the day so probabilities are in your favour.

interesting action I reckon on the next hit my upper target will be revised slightly lower 827 instead of 837

dc2000 said:

Jeez DC..looks like you are spot on with the 53. hpe you're wrong about 97 though! I think you should change your name to Soros :cheesy: given the way you are able to move the market :cheesy:

EDIT..correct about 97 too! How does he do hit? :eek:

Last edited:
Jeez DC..looks like you are spot on with the 53. hpe you're wrong about 97 though! I think you should change your name to Soros given the way you are able to move the market

:LOL: :LOL: The higher it goes the harder it falls 707 target is still in play but Im not looking to short unless there is at least 100 pips in it

zuke said:
Jeez DC..looks like you are spot on with the 53. hpe you're wrong about 97 though! I think you should change your name to Soros :cheesy: given the way you are able to move the market :cheesy:

Nah. He should be called Nostra-dc. :LOL:
( although I am convinced he is a master elliottician :) )

Anyone know what caused that move, is it "more buyers than sellers"?? :cheesy: Long at 72 with stop at B/E. I hope I can stay that way through to the figures