Currency trading (Oct 23rd > 27th)

Where will cable close Friday? Whats your TF of choice? (split/multi)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cable stopped at the uptrend from last week again. I was hoping for a test of 1.90 this afternoon but this trend line seems to be holding things up for the mo

Both cable and euro are near the top of downtrend slope from August, so I'd expect at least a bit of retrace and consolidation for rest of today and Moday.

Offshore Trader said:
I think the strength of this thread is the general concentration on Cable but also the diversity of contributors. Occasional input on other currency pairs gives everyone an insight and new ideas. I hope Wasp looks in now and again and gives us a little of what he is doing elsewhere in the forex market. Good luck to him but let's hope it is au revoir rather than goodbye

I agree with you O/T, and hopefully its only 'au revoir' to wasp, as i've enjoyed readign his posts.
(btw - ive moved my stop to 8925)

trendie said:
wasp,

I can understand your frustration. The strength of the thread is the focus on primarily cable.
Although this is a currency thread, posting multiple currencies could result in readers having to trawl through things they arent interested in. Always a difficult call as to the best form.

Personally, the occasional post on an exotic would be useful, as it gives a context for the volatility of cable relative to other pairs.

hope you pop in time to time.
I think we will all miss your drive and enthusiasm for trading. :)

As this thread seems to have quite a following, members should voice their interests as to how they would like the thread should develop.

Meantime, I will create the new weekly threads, unless I am beaten to it.

Offshore Trader said:
I think the strength of this thread is the general concentration on Cable but also the diversity of contributors. Occasional input on other currency pairs gives everyone an insight and new ideas. I hope Wasp looks in now and again and gives us a little of what he is doing elsewhere in the forex market. Good luck to him but let's hope it is au revoir rather than goodbye

dewi141 said:
I agree with you O/T, and hopefully its only 'au revoir' to wasp, as i've enjoyed readign his posts.
(btw - ive moved my stop to 8925)

Cheers guys, I didn't know I made that much difference! :eek: :cheesy:

I won't be leaving the boards although I won't be putting in as much input. Its nothing more than the factor I won't really be watching cable all that much anymore. I don't want to be just popping in too make live calls and logging profits as I can't really see the point for me or anyone else!

As I'm sure you all know, cable is auto now and I have moved over to trade plain old price action on different pairs which I've been learning in the background whilst ensuring the API is ok. It will be good to have some banter regards the exotics and will be about all the time still to voice my thoughts and chat.

I now have a watchlist of:

USD/NOK
USD/SEK
EUR/NOK
EUR/SEK
USD/DKK
NZD/USD
GBP/NZD
GOLD

Anyone here watch these often? (Apart from Zuke where its easier to ask what he doesn't trade! :LOL: )

In the same way as US Stock traders, I actually find this way better as your not trading just one market and I find it reduces emotion greatly. When you have a dozen differently acting markets, your not striving to get the maximum pips from the day of just one, and you can be tighter with stops and targets and trailing stops etc as 2 may break even but 2 others are moving off nicely. There is so much more to that than I have time for though on a Friday evening... another time :cheesy: .

trendie said:
As this thread seems to have quite a following, members should voice their interests as to how they would like the thread should develop.

In regards to that Paul, what I'd like would be more of market chat. Alot of the sites discussion about methods etc rely moreso on stocks and Indicies and although talking about trades in motion is good, it would be nice for it continue out of hours (I appreciate we all have a life but...!) and further discussions about trading forex, but contained within the thread.

I know we have alot of newbies lurking who just see calls and think 'WTF!' why there etc and it'd be good to discuss (FX) methods and the markets further to help all. The Dow thread for example has a lot more discussion on what's and why's whereas there are just more calls here.

Just my thoughts, have a good weekend all...

Christian.

edit: Cheers Rav and Hornblower too, sorry I missed your quotes of the message, just noticed them looking back through :eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited: