Currency trading (Oct 23rd > 27th)

Where will cable close Friday? Whats your TF of choice? (split/multi)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
quick question guys, and sorry for being a bit off-topic, but I spend plenty of time lurking on this thread!

Do any of you use your mobiles to keep up to date with the prices? I don't really want to be able to trade, just keep track of things - is their any site/software that works reasonably well on a web-capable phone?
appreciate any advice.

I used to use metatrader on the XDA2i but I changed phones.

MT mobile is about $40 for year I think as long as your phone has the capabilities

No, sorry Broadsword. Its been so long since I had it and used it I really can't remember.

What I do recall is just going through the same process as opening an account the same as you would on a PC and it just going straight through. If you are connected I don't see why not although maybe you could try it with a different server/broker perphaps.

Hi wasp, yes I'm working on the NZD strategy and although it does have great technical tendencies, it is also rather sedate. This is obviously good and bad, so needs a strict strategy/plan to assist discipline, and I'm nowhere near that point yet. Looking at the 4hr timeframe at the moment. Interesting to hear that zuke trades it too, which came as a bit of a surprise really. :LOL:
Cheers
Q

H&S on 4hr GBP

What do you guys think about this?

Attachments

• GBP_Oct_26_06_H&S_4Hr.jpg
    GBP_Oct_26_06_H&S_4Hr.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 248
trader 79, rather worryingly for us bulls who are already long, the latest move stopped exactly on your breakout line

nothing new under the sun:

I have been using Stochastics on 4-hrs to define trend, and using Stochastics on the 30-mins and 60-mins to get pull-backs to trade.
I thought I was being original.

Just found on dacharts.com, that my set-up is very similar to the "slingshot", where two stochastics are defined on the same chart.

http://www.dacharts.com/2x.php

Offshore Trader said:
trader 79, rather worryingly for us bulls who are already long, the latest move stopped exactly on your breakout line
OT my guess is consolidate around 845 line for now and breakout in NY session to 895.

Offshore Trader said:

but the bright side is that eurodollar has triggered a long pattern, so the hopes should be up, as long as eurgbp doesnt rise too much.

on the other hand, swissy has broken an up channel, so it looks like the setup is valid unless there is a surprise somewhere.

trendie said:
nothing new under the sun:

I have been using Stochastics on 4-hrs to define trend, and using Stochastics on the 30-mins and 60-mins to get pull-backs to trade.
I thought I was being original.

Just found on dacharts.com, that my set-up is very similar to the "slingshot", where two stochastics are defined on the same chart.

http://www.dacharts.com/2x.php
Hi Trendie, thanks for the link. How long have you been using your 4hr stoch setup? How is it performing (say pips/mnth) over the last few months?

Morning all, exited yestaday's short at 8783 last night, -13 pips, then went long at 8793.

Holding cable long and shorted gbp/jap 223.56 stop 224,16 target open.

Stop hit -60 pips.

Last edited:
ChowClown said:
Hi Trendie, thanks for the link. How long have you been using your 4hr stoch setup? How is it performing (say pips/mnth) over the last few months?

not too badly.
I really like Stochastics, almost better than MA-X-overs, as the signals are more definite.
( I use cross over the 50-line on bar-close. )

I was reading one of DiNapolis books, and it mentioned that Stochs over 80 doesnt necessarily mean overbouight, just means its broken out of a range, similarly oversold for 20.
and that the moves above 80 can cover a very large moves, similarly under 20.
So I treat over 80 / under 20 as breakouts of range.

I am toying with ADX to see if under 25 means actual range, and to fade the 80/20. and if ADX over 25 and rising, as true breakout, and not to fade Stochastics.

still prefer 4-hr as trend, and then trade 30-60 mins as pull-backs.

overall, average 150-200 per week on 4-hours.
and about same for hourlies. ( but more work )
either way, I have positive-expectancy.

problem areas: when market starts losing momentum, and gentle sideways/breather moves
(asian sessions) triggers false reversals.

but am working on it. :)

EDIT: I meant 100-150 per week, not 150-200!!!!

4castweb looking for 5% durables, against mkt 2%. May they be wrong, for the sake of my long. I'll be short from 804 whatever happens though. Read somewhere that the durables data has a tendency to act as a reversal....

...ok, what's the buzz, with this little push?...could be something to do with anticipation of soft Homes Sales at 3pm.

Last edited: