Currency trading (Oct 23rd > 27th)

Where will cable close Friday? Whats your TF of choice? (split/multi)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ChowClown said:
aye, Tex - me last post looks like a kiss of death tho'. lol.

well, there is an uptrend exactly at your entry, so could bounce back up. good luck

...and relax! Well at least i haven't lost money today :)

The harmonic target area looks likely now (721-731)...and then some perhaps.

For Quercus (and any others in the S Pacific!)

Just having a butchers at forexfactory (fancied a laugh!) and saw NZD have the Interest rate statement tonight and trade balance tomorrow. A quick butchers at the chart shows some sizeable movement and just wondered if you did/had traded the NZD/___?

Looks good for those moments of insomnia from over here or, swing/position opp's at least...

wasp said:
Just having a butchers at forexfactory (fancied a laugh!) and saw NZD have the Interest rate statement tonight and trade balance tomorrow. A quick butchers at the chart shows some sizeable movement and just wondered if you did/had traded the NZD/___?

Looks good for those moments of insomnia from over here or, swing/position opp's at least...

wasp..just like the Scandis..can I introduce to the wonderful world of the kiwi! I trade the NZD/USD which moves like a dream.

I have looked at it before and quite fancied the GBP/NZD cross but at the time was still with CS so put to one side... may have to have another look. The Scandis are leaving my cable trades in the dust and nowt wrong with more in the repertoire... Who do you use for them and what spreads?

Just for ref: EFX is 2/4 pips on NZD/USD but don't do NZD/GBP

http://www.efxgroup.com/spreads.asp

wasp said:
Is there anything you don't trade Zuke!

lol! I trade Cable less and less these days as I find som eof the exotics easier to read.

wasp said:
I have looke at ti before and quite fancied the GBP/NZD cross but at the time was still with CS so put to one side... may have to have another look. The Scandis are leaving my cable trades in the dust and nowt wrong with more in the repertoire... Who do you use for them and what spreads?

The exotics are one of the few things I use to SB with. I use IG and the spread is 4. Just checked for GBP/NZD and the spread is 40.

wasp said:
I have looked at it before and quite fancied the GBP/NZD cross but at the time was still with CS so put to one side... may have to have another look. The Scandis are leaving my cable trades in the dust and nowt wrong with more in the repertoire... Who do you use for them and what spreads?

Just for ref: EFX is 2/4 pips on NZD/USD but don't do NZD/GBP

http://www.efxgroup.com/spreads.asp

Have you opened an account with EFX now wasp?

zuke said:
Have you opened an account with EFX now wasp?

Certainly have, best thing I ever did... Still use the old CS account for hunches, fun and long term trades occasionally but never more.

Think I'll stear away from NZD/GBP for a while, 40 is a tad high :eek:

wasp said:
Certainly have, best thing I ever did... Still use the old CS account for hunches, fun and long term trades occasionally but never more.

Think I'll stear away from NZD/GBP for a while, 40 is a tad high :eek:

i have been toying with the idea of IB or EFX for a while. Oanda have been good to me actually, but the benefits of EFX are quite clear. Aso, Ive yet to hear a bad (fair) word about them.

zuke said:
The exotics are one of the few things I use to SB with. I use IG and the spread is 4. Just checked for GBP/NZD and the spread is 40.

Afternoon all. I am currently: 3 LOTS

LONG 8765, Stop 8726, TP 8870

Zuke, How do you get to trade "3 lots" if you spread bet? I don't know much about spread betting. How does that work?

And are you still long on sterling?

Thanks

The only gripes I've heard are the expenses of transfering/withdrawing and rates but as long as your not taking a weekly wage out its no problem and another member here reckons he has slippage and problems there, but thats only one person.

I would highly recommend them from my experience so far.

Texas_Hedge said:
Zuke, How do you get to trade "3 lots" if you spread bet? I don't know much about spread betting. How does that work?

And are you still long on sterling?

Thanks

TH..I dont spread bet normally. I use Oanda. I only use SB to trade non-standard currencies in order to get a feel for them before trading the spot on Oanda.

EDIT..and yes I am still long. I very rarely interfere with trades once I've put them on. I let them run to stop or target.

zuke said:
TH..I dont spread bet normally. I use Oanda. I only use SB to trade non-standard currencies in order to get a feel for them before trading the spot on Oanda.

Ok Thanks Zuke,

I thought that the SB firms had gotten into real trading at last.

Oh well, good luck with your trading.

Texas

Eyup chaps, I took off for a couple of hours just now as I didn't think any of them were going to do anything for most of the day, just back in but have a dinner tonight at the time of the announcement :( (bad planning!).

I figured that once I sort out how cable behaves everything else would be a breeze... any comments on that? Anyone agree or disagree? I find cable so schitzophrenic though it's really frustrating sometimes. May try other crosses soon as it seems I'm missing out lately.

Good luck for later, may try to get back early from the dinner... bad stomach or something, hehe

zuke said:
Afternoon all. I am currently: 3 LOTS

LONG 8765, Stop 8726, TP 8870

also USD/NOK

SHORT 6382, Stop 6586, TP 5769

Both 1:3 RR

I will scale out 1 lots when trade is 1:1 onside and run trailing stops equivalent to the SL for the remianing 2 lots.

Good trading all.

OK, closed out my USD/NOK prior to US IR announcement at 5965 for +417 :LOL:

Also closed out Cable trade at 8767 for +2.

I no longer trade major news days anymore, so thats it for today!

Good luck all.

zuke said:
OK, closed out my USD/NOK prior to US IR announcement at 5965 for +417 :LOL:

Also closed out Cable trade at 8767 for +2.

I no longer trade major news days anymore, so thats it for today!

Good luck all.

wuss! :LOL: