Currency trading (Aug 28th > Sept 1st)

did anyone catch the short? doesn't look like we are going anywhere today. tomorrow is ECB rate decision. So Eur isn't going anywhere that is for sure.

Well, I've given up for the day which is probably as stong a bull signal as you can hope for! Unfortunately, I'm away until Tuesday and I think in that period we should see a break much higher. Good luck everyone

Are you talking about a move towards 1.9500?

Not quite that high what is of interest to me is that the lower target was not hit and also the price action to the short side whilst the Dow is positioning for a bull run ( at this time of year???)

DC2000

What lower target had you anticipated we should have hit?
Personally, I though we would have gone back to low 1.88's before a bull run up past 1.92.

dc2000 said:
Not quite that high what is of interest to me is that the lower target was not hit and also the price action to the short side whilst the Dow is positioning for a bull run ( at this time of year???)

My thoughts on the Dow. Maybe anticipating a weak figures tomorrow and friday or basically they just don't care. they will buy anyway..

Tomorrow lots of news from Euro land to US personal income, fatory order, NAPM Chicago.

Morning... it looks bullish in most of the timeframes.. I would buy into weakness..

gm all There is something not quite right with this bull run here. hmm.. we might get big sell off if we do get to 1.91.. maybe not..

if I have my figs and timeframe right we should hit 9012 by 14:30 but not before 11:00

it might not get there but then again it might after the news... I really dont know when trichet speaks on average it goes south. Does not look like toady will be added.

I am on the side now. waiting a fresh leg.

another exciting day in the world of cable again I see...

Its enough to make you want to change instrument. Either that or change to scalping which I never thought would be neccessary with this market...

or just wait in the wings

on your NFP data how many times has it moved cable 300 pips same day since 2002

dc2000 said:
or just wait in the wings

on your NFP data how many times has it moved cable 300 pips same day since 2002

I can't remember many in the last couple of years but I'll have a look thorugh and post the stats on the 'nfp' thread later......