• Up

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Same

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Down

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
ChowClown said:
..well the 1hr Vegas guys have their eyes down on the long signal looking likely come 5pm. Is that right Trendie?

sounds about right.
144/169 tunnel is approx: 781/767, so LONG above 781 on hourlies.
The Daily is also nearing a LONG trade at around 830 or so.

trendie said:
sounds about right.
144/169 tunnel is approx: 781/767, so LONG above 781 on hourlies.
The Daily is also nearing a LONG trade at around 830 or so.
hmm, on Oanda's chart the tunnel range is 8730 - 8740 ish and the 12ema closed above the tunnel at the 3pm bar. I've noticed in the past that there's a significant difference in indicators etc between Oanda and MT, but the price action isn't that different. Which charting and broker do you use normally?

ChowClown said:
hmm, on Oanda's chart the tunnel range is 8730 - 8740 ish and the 12ema closed above the tunnel at the 3pm bar. I've noticed in the past that there's a significant difference in indicators etc between Oanda and MT, but the price action isn't that different. Which charting and broker do you use normally?

CC: you're right.
Oanda however shows Sat and Sun as flat-lines. (have an FXGame account)
I am using MT-4, and Sat and Sun are not accounted for.
Just as well, or the dailys would also be skewed due to a flat Fri-pm to Sun-pm.
Mind you, oanda charts are probably better for Gann-studies. (never seen sat/sun displayed on charts like that before!)

EDIT: charting,=primarily MT-4, with FXCM as back-up (can be accessed anywhere on any machine, no downloads); broker=CMC primarily, with Cantor-Index / FinSpreads as back-up.

trendie said:
CC: you're right.
Oanda however shows Sat and Sun as flat-lines. (have an FXGame account)
I am using MT-4, and Sat and Sun are not accounted for.
Just as well, or the dailys would also be skewed due to a flat Fri-pm to Sun-pm.
Mind you, oanda charts are probably better for Gann-studies. (never seen sat/sun displayed on charts like that before!)

EDIT: charting,=primarily MT-4, with FXCM as back-up (can be accessed anywhere on any machine, no downloads); broker=CMC primarily, with Cantor-Index / FinSpreads as back-up.
I see, T. Thanks.

...dreaming and thinking aloud here - for those with deep pockets who use Oanda, at what size/pip do you have difficulty getting trades on?

Neil,

thanks for pointing out MBtrading. they charge $5 per $100,000 commission, and low spreads, so good start.

What in your experience is the spread in normal markets, and does it ever go above 10 pips spread during volatile news times?
Also, do you find they have "technical problems" during news-events, or get price-rejections, as per the SB threads seem to whine on about? :)

Morning T. I have DC's call for today echoing in my head - 846 down to 641. Pump up to news at 09:30 and then dump p'raps - well, whatever, i'm long on the 8am breakout and will move stop to BE if it gets to +30. Gluck with vegas today.

Hi Chow

looks like we are taking 2 days per move that being the case we would see that move starting early tomorrow but the kicker is it would go into monday ( big gap to keep most out of move maybe)

for today the high fig from yesterday remains in play at 834, given the price a move down to 741 would be ok for a long entry but not below 734 or just wait for the turn to short

zuke said:
So I see you guys have got the Nordic bug!!! Like I said on Monday..it's not for the faint hearted but can give a bag loada pips.

Morning all. Had yesterday off after bagging 700 pips on Mondays 4 trades. Back to work today though and what do I see? A wonderful short set up! So I am currently:

Short 8741
Stop 8785
Target 8658
R:R 1:2.5

Also
short EUR/JPY from 149.63, Stop 149.80, Target 148.56 R:R 1:6
short USD/SEK from 2963, Stop 3175, Target 1899 R:R 1:5

Morning all,

OK these trades are as follows:

Cable - stopped out for -44
EUR/JPY currently +27 (although did scale out 50% at +50)
USD/SEK currently +20 (but did scale out 50% at +300)

All stops are at b/even and now looking for new set ups. Gold is looking good for a buy in around 30 mins.

BTW, does anybody use any scanning software to identify set-ups? I was at a friends yesterday and he has something that scans 50 pairs and identifies them for his set up (MA cross on hourly close). Anyone else do this?