• Up

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Same

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Down

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
jonnyy40 said:
Out of curiousity,does anyone trade using 5 and 30 minute fractals?

like this?

Attachments

• cable_5min_fractal.jpg
    cable_5min_fractal.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 216
Priceman said:
I certainly know what you mean there wasp, I sometimes act on hunches and get slapped for 20-30 pips ! I am going to set aside 10k in the near future and then build up from £5 per pip each successful month.

Trade what you see, not what you think I keep telling myself. Sounds like the irish guy from that quiz show, forget the name... oh this old memory !

I do that "hunches" stuff. The real problem for me is that I traded better when I traded larger time-frames, AND had my concentration elsewhere while working on a project.

Its the old "I have been sitting here all day, and havent "done anything" " syndrome.

I have found T2W has fewer snake-oil posters recently, so I cant even spend my time being distracted winding them up. :LOL: :LOL:
I admire ChowClown for his "set and forget", which does away with hunches.

Anyway, back to chart-watching...

wasp said:
Not been a profitable day for me and shall knock it on the head now.....

UK CPI, RPI and core CPI in the morning...... time for some sun :cheesy:

That option is not available here. Thunder storm just starting. I hope we get a decent break out of this range

wasp said:
Not been a profitable day for me and shall knock it on the head now.....

UK CPI, RPI and core CPI in the morning...... time for some sun :cheesy:

Confusing, nice short trends today, but it was a bad day for you. I seen on your other thread where you made a **** load of pips, in a sideways market based on a cross over method. but lost today on a good day to make money if one is using a cross over method.…

um??

and a few more pips added one last go for 60 pips and that will do me

hans123: afternoon session 10:00-13:00 range broke to the downside.

Vegas: stopped out for -55. (3 lots).

zuke said:
Targets hit on USD/SEK = +540, EUR/JPY +117 = +657

USD/JPY currently +49
Cable currently +18

I've exceeded my weekly pip target so will have the next two days off so that I dont overtrade.

Stopped out on Cable trade for -42 :eek: ; However USD/JPY trade currently +89. So daily total is:

USD/SEK +540
EUR/JPY +117
Cable -42
USD/JPY +40 (i.e. stop moved to 117.15 to lock in 40 pips)

Total for day = 655. Once the USD/JPY trade is done, Im off until Friday.

trendie said:
hans123: afternoon session 10:00-13:00 range broke to the downside.

Vegas: stopped out for -55. (3 lots).
Dont trade other people methods. I bet you they changed the limits all the time. If I was you test you own thinking..or even toss a coin will make you money over time if you add 30% more stake after a loss//to the next trade. then go back to the original stake so on so on

good luck

ChowClown said:
Hi Trendie,

What version of Vegas do you use?

the wrong one!! :rolleyes:
using the hourlies, 24-28EMA.
didnt want to get whipped, so didnt reverse later in the day, and instead waited for the 55 StopLoss.

laptop1 said:
Dont trade other people methods. I bet you they changed the limits all the time. If I was you test you own thinking..or even toss a coin will make you money over time if you add 30% more stake after a loss//to the next trade. then go back to the original stake so on so on

good luck

I am not trading hans123.
I am just using it as a sort of "control group", to see if Vegas real-time is up to the job.

coin-flips - dont get me started. :cheesy:

trendie said:
didnt want to get whipped, so didnt reverse later in the day, and instead waited for the 55 StopLoss.
...i thought the hrly Vegas used 12, 144, 169 emas? Seem to remember reading the daily version using a 24/28 channel - a while ago since i looked though.

trendie said:

does vegas have an EA

coolTrader said:
does vegas have an EA

yes, it does. downloaded from ForexFactory.

CC: I read the manual, and the first versions WERE as you say, 144/169 for hourlies.

but there is another "model" where 24/28 is used.
maybe I got so fixated on wanting to trade mroe often I mixed up the time-frames. :rolleyes:

oh well, back to the drawing board.

laptop1 said:
Confusing, nice short trends today, but it was a bad day for you. I seen on your other thread where you made a **** load of pips, in a sideways market based on a cross over method. but lost today on a good day to make money if one is using a cross over method.…

um??

Laptop1,

What diffence does it make to anyone. You have issues and I don't have the time nor inclination to continue this pointless debate. I am not sure if you have noticed but this thread is dedicated to the discussion of the currency markets. It is not for the purpose of live calls, selling, proving oneself or boosting the ego. I really do not care if you believe me or not or anyone else on this thread, I doubt the question has even come into their minds.

I have a suggestion for you, obviously, this being a public forum you can do what you like but, if you are going to post on this thread, please make it worthwhile discussion rather than poking holes because it serves no purpose and nobody cares if you believe them or not.

I have no desire to continue this so I shall put you on ignore from here on in.

(PS. If you still think I went through the hassles of a month long journal and each week, start a weekly thread for the sake of eventually trying to sell my strategy or calls you really need to get a life.)

CC:

just checked - you are right. :eek:
Hourlies = 144/169.
Daily = 24/28.

Thats useless for me. I would be better off at work AND trading, due to the signal scarcity.

I must have read so many versions, they all merged into each other.

lesson learned: read what is written, not what you think is written. :rolleyes: :eek:

thanks for putting me right, CC.

wasp , i think its time you played with the yen.

gotta feeling eur/jpy would be a good pair for your system. ;)

not sure if anyone is still trading cable at this late hour...but its a nice looking wedge pattern.

however, imo its still all about the yen...

Attachments

• cable_wedge.jpg
    cable_wedge.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
USD/JPY is moving sideways. Seems good for a short.

Made some 20 pips in GBP/USD. That´s all.