Where will cable be at Fridays close

• Up

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Same

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Down

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
I opened a room in 'business and finance' subgroup day traders/bonds.If you want to log in as admin it's 1946.

Where is that Jonny? Do you have a link?

Why not just use the FX chat room here?

EDIT: I shall be logging in there in the morning, hopefully others may join as its quicker and easier than the main forum surely?

Last edited:
You have to join paltalk,then it's free for up to 200 people to talk or text.video costs.I posted the admin code so anyone can log in if the room isn't already open.You click on 'actions' and 'join a chat room as admin' the room owner is me jonjo_11 and you type in 1946 as the code.

Last edited:
Mrng all,

After downloading a new server platform for metatrader last night (see 'exotic crosses' thread) I had a look at USD/NOK and it fitted my cable strat like a glove. Not only that but it fit better and triples my targets daily even with a larger spread! This time next week I may be a NOK daytrader with cable a long forgotten meagre little bit of fun.

USD / NOK > Norweigan Krone

att. is 30M chart

Attachments

• a.gif
    a.gif
    30.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
hans -123 range for today would appear to be: 1.8721 / 1.8760.

Vegas 144/169 would trigger a LONG at 1.8785 on hourlies.
( higher probability of being a good trade, since the daily has bounced off 233 line )

I'm still think that the 75/80 resistance will prove very difficult to breach. Having said that if it does go through then we should get some good follow through. I really don't mind as long as it goes a decent distance in one direction or other.

I've taken profit from my long allready at 55 and would prefer it to head lower now. Thats just what I'd like though.... What I think is of little consequence as its bound to be wrong!!!

EDIT: Meanwhile stop on NOK moved to +200 :D

Im not trading today just watching price whilst cleaning up my hard drive, Im looking for a pump n dump in the next hour

wasp said:
I've taken profit from my long allready at 55 and would prefer it to head lower now. Thats just what I'd like though.... What I think is of little consequence as its bound to be wrong!!!

EDIT: Meanwhile stop on NOK moved to +200 :D

re: NOK.
You mean, 200 pips just THIS MORNING?!
Whats the spread?
Does it move independently, or does it follow cable?
thanks

trendie said:
re: NOK.
You mean, 200 pips just THIS MORNING?!
Whats the spread?
Does it move independently, or does it follow cable?
thanks

Through Oanda its 20 pip spread and chart for today att.

(SEK seems to copy cable better)

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 202
ah, 200-pips for a 20-pip spread would equate proportionately to 30-pips cable for 3-pip spread.

the pair would have to have special characteristics, such as smoother trends.
although, zuke mentioned the volatility is to be had, better for options.

will stick to cable for time being, although glad someone mentioned EUR-JPY recently.

that dc bloke: bet he works for a bank, and can MAKE the market go to 834. :) ;)

trendie said:
ah, 200-pips for a 20-pip spread would equate proportionately to 30-pips cable for 3-pip spread.

Yes and no, its still +180 pips compared to +27 pips (if you keep the same size that is).

trendie said:
the pair would have to have special characteristics, such as smoother trends.

I'd say they do. Just pulling up the same MA's I use for cable it looks much 'straighter' and they do seem to respect S/R better.

trendie said:
that dc bloke: bet he works for a bank, and can MAKE the market go to 834. :) ;)

His uncanny ability to get it to a single pip at times is quite amazing! :cheesy:

Now + another 50....

Did you download the platform and take a look trendie?

wasp said:
Now + another 50....

Did you download the platform and take a look trendie?

will do this evening, after 6pm. need to back up my templates, EAs, etc.

Hmmm....

Cable +22 and +8 (still running)

NOK closed at +255 !!!

Time to get cable automated and daytrade NOK from now on!