FX-2007: Jan 15 > Jan 19

jacinto said:
morning all,

i will stay flat today. need some fine tuning on my strat. also, want to see how today closes because i am starting to see the possibility of a swing short.

good day

j

yes I am thinking about a short as well
I was short wednesday , but got stopped out

things seem to be at an all time high
a lot of upward pressure yesterday
how long can it go on?

I need an injection sold 50, then long 54 which is what im left holding . yuk. good long however flag at 30, i'll stop out 18.

hornblower said:
yes I am thinking about a short as well
I was short wednesday , but got stopped out

things seem to be at an all time high
a lot of upward pressure yesterday
how long can it go on?

hi hb

dont know. want to wait and see how the day closes, probably even the weekly bar. the monthly bar now looks extra bullish, but needs 9850, and that is where i doubt it will go.

the last line of resistance i had marked prior to the obvious high 9850, was 9785 which is alive and untouched. a daily close below 9730, or even better below 9670, will make me start looking for shorts, suggesting a rejection again of 9750. this area has been prone to false breakouts for 2 months.

so, i will have caution until i get signals. on a daytrade perspective, as yesterday, my chart only says long ...so far.

besides, today i will decide if i leave the Burntcake club or not. :cheesy:

j

dc is human after all!

very annoyed I was asleep for my long signal yesterday. Never mind.

candles said:
dc is human after all!

very annoyed I was asleep for my long signal yesterday. Never mind.

well, not that i want to defend him, but he did say "bearish view until Burntcake speaks". so think he still has some time to be right.

j

gone long 20 after being stopped. still not reading this as a short market. Just a bit of a head whatsit.

Crap Buddist said:
gone long 20 after being stopped. still not reading this as a short market. Just a bit of a head whatsit.

well good luck mate, cause this one is going to 9670

jacinto said:
well, not that i want to defend him, but he did say "bearish view until Burntcake speaks". so think he still has some time to be right.

j

Oh, don't get me wrong. Im a big fan of DC's...I think he's a great trader. One of the best on the site IMHO. Just rare to see a trade move in the oposite direction to his call, even if he does turn out to be right (which he probably will...the SWINE!! :))

edit: when is burntcake speaking?

thx

Last edited:
My ability to move markets in the opposite direction merely by taking a position continues. Sorry to the rest of you who are short.......

Hello everyone.

New member of the T2W forum. Have been posting on the Daily FX forum for the past couple of years but all the good old contributors have left and it's a bit empty over there..

On Forex I trade cable and GBP/JPY mainly

Position wise I'm currently flat on cable, break of 9750 this morning had no follow through. all charts from daily down looking stretched on the topside so I'm looking for a pullback ahead of 9850.

I week trendline pretty close at 9700, Chunnel (EUR/GBP) looking very stretched on the aproach to 0.6550 so any bounce on that would would slow cable down relative to EUR/USD.

Will wait for the US data this afternoon but if it's strong then could get a decent pullback on cable.

Looking to short at another 9780 fail or on that trendline break, negative D on the 1hr and 4hr macd .

Hope you guys don't mind me posting here ?

Attachments

• cable 4hr.gif
    cable 4hr.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 170
JohnG FX said:
Hello everyone.

New member of the T2W forum. Have been posting on the Daily FX forum for the past couple of years but all the good old contributors have left and it's a bit empty over there..

On Forex I trade cable and GBP/JPY mainly

Position wise I'm currently flat on cable, break of 9750 this morning had no follow through. all charts from daily down looking stretched on the topside so I'm looking for a pullback ahead of 9850.

I week trendline pretty close at 9700, Chunnel (EUR/GBP) looking very stretched on the aproach to 0.6550 so any bounce on that would would slow cable down relative to EUR/USD.

Will wait for the US data this afternoon but if it's strong then could get a decent pullback on cable.

Looking to short at another 9780 fail or on that trendline break, negative D on the 1hr and 4hr macd .

Hope you guys don't mind me posting here ?

your very welcome

hmm although that said now long 16 :) got a signal saying buy on the 15's , yes they can roll either way but as the hourlies on the same are showing up yet falling, its a buy.

hence long , god help me.