FX-2007: Jan 15 > Jan 19

Woke up and surprised to see my short from yesterday is still open and isn't too much of a loser! Sometimes stupidly wide stops work. Now vainly hoping for droop to 650-ish later.
Any strategy is probably better than mine at the moment, so I'm not criticising, but how are all these short-term trades working out, CB?

Morning all,
VEBO Variant update: long yesterday at 19664 reversed to short this morning at 19730. That made back some of the P&L carnage from Tuesday. We'll see how it goes today.

Good trading to all.

Phil Mibbutz said:
Woke up and surprised to see my short from yesterday is still open and isn't too much of a loser! Sometimes stupidly wide stops work. Now vainly hoping for droop to 650-ish later.
Any strategy is probably better than mine at the moment, so I'm not criticising, but how are all these short-term trades working out, CB?

Nightmare on a few of em phil, to be honest i would of been hitting the same ones in hindsight, but the market was Too Black, Too strong & I Too Wrong.

See if the afternoon I can perform any better, Im hoping and its not always good to do that that everyones holding 670/80 will the new yorkers pile in and deliver ? all leave everyone waiting for an non event..

gawd knows.

Crap Buddist said:
cheers, although now short 21 getting a possible change showing, break of 03 might be interesting

Hi CB,
Interested in your scalping approach. Myself I find very short-term trading appealing but the reality is that I have too many other things going on which is why I actually trade something which is low maintenance. IMHO scalping ends up being hard work and often for little reward so if you feel like saying I would be very interested to hear how you actually do P&L-wise. Also curious as to who you are trading with for high frequency trading - what sort of slippage and spreads etc?

Finally, (sorry for so many questions) I'm curious as to how you come by your T2W name?

jacinto said:
well good luck mate, cause this one is going to 9670

well, missed that target by 4 pips. well, nobody is perfect. if it takes 70, next stop is 25.

as i said, i am not trading, just finetuning strat, so unfortunately missing the pips.

j

a_gnome said:
Hi CB,
Interested in your scalping approach. Myself I find very short-term trading appealing but the reality is that I have too many other things going on which is why I actually trade something which is low maintenance. IMHO scalping ends up being hard work and often for little reward so if you feel like saying I would be very interested to hear how you actually do P&L-wise. Also curious as to who you are trading with for high frequency trading - what sort of slippage and spreads etc?

Finally, (sorry for so many questions) I'm curious as to how you come by your T2W name?

Hello mate

Trending markets great, range markets great, reversals , my strat takes a battering as i counter all that shows up. typically as today when all my setup was up, the price now at 680 my setup up shows down, but only just now, i had weakness shown at 721 and knew it could go both ways its either a great buy or a great sell :) maybe all trades, are stating the obvious. lol

stopped at 03 from that 16 long suspected acceleration down from that point.

P n l wise do o.k. but I can get it terrbly wrong somedays, freqnecy of ops and assuming I do fire correct on the 1 of 3 days then no worries.

Hard work, if i didnt have to sleep then I wouldnt.

Using Oanda @ the mo orders go through ok no negatives on slippage to notice .

As for the name , err bit of a comedy show I can see.... The buddhist being all buddhist like then going ballastic , very unbuddhist like kinda like wiggy on the old Kenny Everet shows.

Everybody knows whats coming up.

what too many things do you have going on that distract from scalping ?

jacinto said:
well, missed that target by 4 pips. well, nobody is perfect. if it takes 70, next stop is 25.

as i said, i am not trading, just finetuning strat, so unfortunately missing the pips.

j

and missed that target by 10 pips, so far. now a pullback to 70 for the last go at 9615

jacinto said:
and missed that target by 10 pips, so far. now a pullback to 70 for the last go at 9615

I hope your right. Missed my limit order by about 5 points and suddenly the dollar looks weak :(

Offshore Trader said:
I hope your right. Missed my limit order by about 5 points and suddenly the dollar looks weak :(

well so do i, cause i am missing my pullback targets also by about 10 pips. so need to fine tune better. so far, working very well. so pleased there.

signal says now 33 is the key level-target (that is obvious). so will see. good luck OT

jacinto said:

the last position took a loss of 25. need to fine tune.

see you all tomorrow. dont want to see what burntcake does.

j

Well Im hoping Bernanke can do me a favour and mentions the word "vigilance" liberally! Got shorts at 9672 (2 lots), 9712 (2 lots) and 9740 (4 lots). All have been triggerred.

Here's hoping!

may the force be with you Zuke Burntcake's our friend and he wants us to have a good price for the Long

dc2000 said:
may the force be with you Zuke Burntcake's our friend and he wants us to have a good price for the Long

Hope so, Im planning to take profit off the table at 9608 and 9578..if it ever get there.