FX-2007: Feb19th > Feb 23th

Where will GBPUSD go this week? (last week was SAME)

• Higher: At least 200 pips higher than last weeks close.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Same: Within 200 pips of last weeks close.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Lower: At least 200 pips lower than last weeks close.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dunno, and dont care

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
trendie said:
hey jacinto,

I have also started looking at pin-bars for entries on pull-backs.
(only screen-checking, not real-time)
they seem to identify good points earlier than the Stochs that I use, so I am with you on pin-bars.

The blended-bars are a bit of a revelation to me.
Do you also look for extremely small-range bars as potential signals?
I find they are intra-day equivalents of NR-7 etc.

hi trendie,

blending bars was something i didnt understand. courtesy of phil newton. not very difficult once the eye is trained. say, want to build a 7 min bar. use open of first min bar, close of last 7 min bar, mind hi-low of range, and bingo, 7 min bar.

will post a chart of what i did today for my entry, but after the news if you dont mind.

hey, what on earth is NR-7?
jacinto.

NR-7 = narrowest-range bar for past 7 days. obviously for dailies.

but the idea of a very small bar intra-day can sometimes indicate turning points, particularly when at Boll-band extremes.
(I admit all this is after-the-event, but looking forward to trying it out real-time, soon)

EDIT: replaced narrow with narowest

jacinto said:
j

corrected, locked +20 (10 min pinbar, that i think is a breakout-pullback bar, but just in case)

well, stopped out on the news. +20 on that one, and +30 for the day so far. one of those cases when there are 2 options.
close prior to the news and take your +50 home,
or wait and go for +150. too bad.

wont cry over spilled milk.

If you believe the indicators... the 50/100/200SMA's on the hourly are virtually all converged at the same price, could this mean a break out in one direction is imminent or just that the market is undecided?

I just hope it's upwards :cheesy:

Last edited:
Priceman said:
If you believe the indicators... the 50/100/200SMA's are virtually all converged at the same price, could this mean a break out in one direction is imminent or just that the market is undecided?

I just hope it's upwards :cheesy:

Which time interval are your charts?

Guys, I know it's for the cable here but please check aapl flying today! I jumped on it albeit a little late but still doing fine.. :cheesy:

Attachments

• aapl-070221_flying.jpg
    aapl-070221_flying.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 159
someone once asked about news spikes well today I was on the wrong side of it but true to form the market is about to give me an exit @37

filled

For Trendie

Trendie,

that is the setup,

on the 1 min chart, probably the elipses dont match exactly, but wont start counting all the 1 min bars ;)

j

trendie said:
much appreciated, j.

my pleasure,

new one for you. had to wear some underpants for this one :cheesy:

j

Attachments

• for trendie nrtratr stop.gif
    for trendie nrtratr stop.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 169
  • for trendie nrtratr stop 15.gif
    for trendie nrtratr stop 15.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 145
  • for trendie nrtratr stop 30.gif
    for trendie nrtratr stop 30.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 161
what we need is a good rocketship then you can wear your cape

how about a pinbar low say 496 then woooosh 200 pips or 225 if you want to jump off and on again

dc2000 said:

how about a pinbar low say 496 then woooosh 200 pips or 225 if you want to jump off and on again

how about 9717

edit, after pinbar, and when the kid is at school so I can get naked :cheesy:

I Hope DC's correct because I overslept this morning and missed my short entry at 519. Dollar does look strong here though, there looks to be more downside on EUR/USD and so probably cable

not happy with the drop a little further than expected so money now off table

dc2000 said:

hey, got my cape on. when does the ship leave?

have to agree with DC. just put my cape down, and fully clothed now.

havent even attempted to place a trade today. was discouraged to place the early morning pre-breakout trade given price action, and although the bottom had an interesting setup for some 30-40 pips, I still decided to pass.

seems like will have to go and scalp some safer pairs to get the bread.

j