Currency trading (December 4th > 8th)

jacinto said:
dont know if this helps to explain it.

Maybe. But BB doesn't seem to work anymore. We just had 3 trades in a row with no profit - and we also had problems last week. :rolleyes:

Baruch said:
Maybe. But BB doesn't seem to work anymore. We just had 3 trades in a row with no profit - and we also had problems last week. :rolleyes:

well, i see what could be a symetrical triangle, and that would explain the chop chop until it breaks out.

for some reason, what i have seen before, is that when several days are contained in a consolidation pattern like this one, BB tends not to work. for me the lesson has been that one needs to also look for other patterns in the larger time frames that may contain BB, and deal with BB in context.

BB is an excellent strategy in different market conditions, and you know it.

jacinto

jacinto said:
dont know if this helps to explain it.
what's the target on that triangle? The price action within those boundaries has changed tone compared with last week.

Fish said:
what's the target on that triangle? The price action within those boundaries has changed tone compared with last week.

200 pips, and it does seem to have a downward bias.

i would be concerned of 9630, as it seems to be strong support, and-or form a descending triangle

Baruch said:

It's a bit early to say that a system that has been successful for a long period of time no longer works. I agree the last 8 days haven't been good but I'm sure it will return to normal soon

Fish said:

hi fish, looking at the daily and as a scenario only, this could just end up being a bull flag waiting for NFP to break it.

edit: sorry, wrong chart, now replaced

jacinto said:
looking at the daily and as a scenario only, this could just end up being a bull flag waiting for NFP to break it.

I've drawn an uptrend line on my 240 min which was broken yesterday, but the market hardly reacted to it. So it isn't ready to go down yet. Euro looks like it is just treading water at the moment. You could be right about waiting for NFP. During yesterday's news, price started to move a bit, but otherwise, this is very spiky push-pull kind of stuff, where it is really easy to stub your toe.

Attachments

• 061206 cable 240 min.png
    061206 cable 240 min.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 161
ChowClown said:
Morning all, this morning's orders: short 664, long 732.
Short filled 64....in a support area (hope the stop's wide enough today), but have the bias today as short, so might be lucky and get some southbound momentum for a while. UK 09:30 numbers mixed/softish.

ChowClown said:
Short filled 64....in a support area (hope the stop's wide enough today), but have the bias today as short, so might be lucky and get some southbound momentum for a while. UK 09:30 numbers mixed/softish.
b/e.

I'm still struggling with this market. Got filled on my long breakout order at 728 so lost 30 points. Now short from 667 but looks like a stop at b/e. This is the worst run for over 6 months by some margin for this (normally) successful method....

Offshore Trader said:
I'm still struggling with this market. Got filled on my long breakout order at 728 so lost 30 points. Now short from 667 but looks like a stop at b/e. This is the worst run for over 6 months by some margin for this (normally) successful method....
bad luck on the long OT...I'm using half size on short breakouts atm.

ChowClown said:
yep, and out at b/e.
Long at 63, but unfortunately yen has just catapaulted itself through 115. The long is a nice setup, 1-2-3 on the 15 min chart above a 4 hour swing point, break of an hourly bar, just have to see which way the yarrow stalks fall.