Currency trading (December 4th > 8th)

djl said:
Hey guys where can I find out about the Big Ben strategy? There is a zip file on forexstreet.com but it doesn't want to work. Tried search here as well not a lot coming up...

Based on the last few days, you might be better off not knowing :cheesy:

Seriously though, it has got a great track record....

Morning all,
I see price as still carving out a nasty finger trapping range, although the 4 hour chart does now show a potential scrappy 1-2-3 down, if the range bottom is broken. Anybody have any success at trading the range at all?

Fish said:
Morning all,
I see price as still carving out a nasty finger trapping range, although the 4 hour chart does now show a potential scrappy 1-2-3 down, if the range bottom is broken. Anybody have any success at trading the range at all?

I have managed about 30 pips but it is hard work. Out of interest, I am using Worldspreads who are good for quick trades and before anyone asks, I have no connection with them, I just use them for the 1 pip spreads.

Chas

Crawsthorne said:
I have managed about 30 pips but it is hard work. Out of interest, I am using Worldspreads who are good for quick trades and before anyone asks, I have no connection with them, I just use them for the 1 pip spreads.

Chas

1 pip spreads in Cable? Sounds very nice. ;)

Baruch said:
1 pips spreads in Cable? Sounds very nice. ;)

Despite the comments elsewhere on this board, I think their prices and interface is good but I have only been with them for a month.

Fish said:
...nasty finger trapping range...

An excellent description. As a breakout trader, I too got well and truely whipped again this morning.

xx_joray_xx said:
hey what news do you think it will be that moves cable...the 10 oclock employment?

I think the big one for today will be the "ISM Non-Manufacturing Index" at 15GMT... but news in about 10 mins might also give us some volatility! :D

JER08 said:
Looks like lots of BO traders on this thread, feeling just a bit lonely here...... ;)
....can't have that ;) hows it been going this last week or so?

ChowClown said:
....can't have that ;) hows it been going this last week or so?

Hi CC, only one trade and -64 pips last week, kept looking for dips to long but didn't find any. :eek:

Flat since and waiting,waiting (either long or short) . ;)

JER08 said:
Hi CC, only one trade and -64 pips last week, kept looking for dips to long but didn't find any. :eek:

Flat since and waiting,waiting (either long or short) . ;)
...amazing isn't it...had a quick look back last night and thought, how the heck haven't i made money from the run up....a monkey could do better :LOL: Your patience will win through soon, no doubt.

It is quite strange and quite worrying. I lost money in last week's strongly trending market and with the same strategy have lost money this week. It's times that this that you really have to keep faith.....let's hope for better luck the rest of the week and I hope it bounces again here because that will mean I've saved money by stopping after two losing trades.

longed us/chf 11930, stop/target open

shorted cable 19715, stop b/e, target open.

Trend is your friend until it bends. :cheesy:

Stopped out at BE on both.

Last edited:
1-2-3 down has triggered on the 4 hour charts. Unfortunately, it has already reached its first target. ... Went short late at 14, closed most now with a little left to run. I guess it depends on the euro now.

ChowClown said:
Morning all, inside day yesterday (Oanda chart) with a low of 9725 - my vebo short order this morning....9730...hmm.
...waiting for an hrly inside candle now ideally on a pullback to unleash my shorts :cheesy:

Gone long at 19710 on a speculative dip-buying strategy. Looking ok at the moment but we'll see how we get on.