Currency trading (December 4th > 8th)

Baruch said:
But it came back again. :eek:

By my interpretation you have to wait for the fake moves and we have seen the downside and upside efforts now. The next one should be the real one...

Morning all,

Orders: long 9722.5, short 9661.1

My charts show a long bias this morning. Was stopped at b/e on the overnight short.

I'm not a great one for technical analysis because it doesn't really fit in with my trading but I see there is an evening star on the daily charts suggesting that we will see some downside soon. The problem is that it could go up to 100 points higher from here without breaking the pattern.

Morning all,
Market looks a little listless at the moment (famous last words....) with everyone just waiting for some sign of direction. Must be rate announcement limbo....

Baruch said:
Any comments?

Hi Baruch,

What is being used to trigger these trades? I don't think that there was any news at the trade times for yesterday. Have you actually followed any of these trades in real time?

Me too

Baruch said:
But it came back again. :eek:

Yep - The Asian overnight long break came back inside :confused:

Attachments

• weds.JPG
    weds.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 186
Short now and hoping that this doesn't add to a growing sequence of failures. If this is the bottom, I may scream!!!!!!

Perhaps the BOE will realise that my mortgage is much too expensive and cut rates.......

candles said:
got a short signal here. Dont like shorting it at this level much but gotta take the signal. short cmc at 1.9657. tightish stop. we'll see.

forgot to say. This was stopped out for another loss of 20 pips. No suprises there. Getting quite used to throwing money away at the moment, lol...

ChowClown said:
Morning all,

Orders: long 9722.5, short 9661.1

My charts show a long bias this morning. Was stopped at b/e on the overnight short.
..short 661.1. Still biased long for the day though...never know, might get lucky.

ChowClown said:
..short 661.1. Still biased long for the day though...never know, might get lucky.

you could just get lucky if eurgbp gives you a hand

good luck

Offshore Trader said:
By my interpretation you have to wait for the fake moves and we have seen the downside and upside efforts now. The next one should be the real one...

Are you sure? ;) How can you see a move is a fake or not, when it starts?

a_gnome said:
Hi Baruch,

What is being used to trigger these trades? I don't think that there was any news at the trade times for yesterday. Have you actually followed any of these trades in real time?

No, I have only seen his track record in Cable (322 pips so far in December - not bad ;) and his videos, but I can't see any system/method, which trigger his trades. Can you?

jacinto said:
you could just get lucky if eurgbp gives you a hand

good luck
Thanks for the chart, jacinto....everything crossed for this one, but i'm chilled, what will be...will probably be the opposite of what i need it to be...:cheesy:

Baruch said:
Are you sure? ;) How can you see a move is a fake or not, when it starts?

Well, that's why I didn't really understand BB when I read about it. I thought that the theory is that when London trade starts the big boys normal hunt for orders both sides of the opening level and then it does its stuff. Obviously the second move can also be the main one but not always. this is the problem with BB to me. If you set a b/e stop too early there is a good chance you just get stopped even though you are in the correct position but quite often the market moves one way before coming back again and going the other. I guess you have to find the system that works for you and go with it.

Good luck, I could do with some :cheesy:

Baruch said:
No, I have only seen his track record in Cable (322 pips so far in December - not bad ;) and his videos, but I can't see any system/method, which trigger his trades. Can you?

The blurb on the site says something about analysing the depth of market using some "special" data feed. From what I can gather you are supposed to log into his trading room and follow his signals for either the UK or NY session. I don't know how much warning he gives before a trade set-up. Have you heard of any anecdotal evidence about his service?

Very often these services look particularly good because they are "flexible" in their interpretation of what happened. For example in one of the videos of yesterday he says that he sets his stop to B/E. By my reckoning it looked like the market came back to touch this level before moving off again whereas he instead claims a profitable trade. Now it could have missed the stop by 0.1 pips or something or he could be using mental stops but one has to be careful with published results. I do quite a bit or work de-bunking systems and services and it doesn't take much tweaking to make a strategy look much better. Having said that at $249 for a month it might be worth a go if you have the time to spend all morning following his trades (which I don't) but it does all look interesting - they even offer a 30 day money back + interest guarantee and since his trades are followed in real time there can't be too much scope for cheating.

At the end of the day though, isn't it the old "fish vs teaching to fish" situation? If you just learn to follow someone else's signals you are not self-sufficient in trading whereas if you can learn to trade then you'll be self-sufficient for ever (hopefully).

Edit: I've just made it to Senior Member - hooray!

Last edited:
oanda - widening from 2.8 to 5, to 15 and now at 5....bless 'em. Back to 2.8 after 4 mins.