FX-2007: Jan 15 > Jan 19

well, seems like we are range bound until the yanks come online. catch u all then.

Last edited:
Jacinto,

Over the weekend you mentioned the 9670 level as an important resistance/profit level. How did you arrive at this? It proved to be very significant for Monday's trading. I only had 9720-50 highlighted on my charts.

Thanks

smbtnt said:
Jacinto,

Over the weekend you mentioned the 9670 level as an important resistance/profit level. How did you arrive at this? It proved to be very significant for Monday's trading. I only had 9720-50 highlighted on my charts.

Thanks

it is actually 9650-80. monthly open and close, and price action on daily bars at that level.

november bar is breakout bar from big summer range. close = 9660
december is a spinning top. open 9660

between december and today, everytime a daily bar closes above that level, it tanks the following day or two.

finally, i have been observing a weekly triangle that broke down early this month. apex at 9670, which coincides nicely. if you trade a triangle, that is where you typically would place your stops, but that is not the reason, reason is above.
j

edit. chart explains. yellow line is the level i mention. also, no weekly close above 9670.

Last edited:
zuke said:
Morning all. Got my short in at 9681. Looking initially for a run down to 9631, before the bounce to test 9730 Strong Res.

Good trading all.

Good call Zuke. Got my fingers burnt this morning on the spike up after the figures. Could do with a steady advance to 9730 and hopefully through

jacinto said:
well, seems like we are range bound until the yanks come online. catch u all then.

still in the range, and neither the news or the yanks doing the job. decided to do it myself, and instead took -10 :rolleyes: . that is what i take for not reading a chart. too bad.

supposed large option expiry at 9650 at 15:00. lets see if that does the job.

j

Happy New year everybody.
I am back from my vacation I hope everyone has had a good new year....

still short and waitin no worries though target confirmed, maybe one last entry at 645 then target

City Bound said:
Long at 669 from this morning's breakout. Hopefully CPI will give things a shake up.

Got stopped at full risk for a -50 pip loss, which was annoying....

Short at 623 on the other side of the break out. Ever so close to the end of day for me though.

City Bound said:
The maximum s/l I place using my BO strat.

I know the feeling: I've had two "full-risk" losses today with VEBO Variant and came within 3 pips of a third. Fortunately the market is now falling so I'm onside with my current short position.

City Bound said:
Got stopped at full risk for a -50 pip loss, which was annoying....

Short at 623 on the other side of the break out. Ever so close to the end of day for me though.

Closed short @ 609. Basically the end of day for the strat, could turn into another pin-ish bar (15 min) so I'll get out for a few pips in case of retrace. Net down day, -36 pips. Oh well, can't win them all.

a_gnome said:
I know the feeling: I've had two "full-risk" losses today with VEBO Variant and came within 3 pips of a third. Fortunately the market is now falling so I'm onside with my current short position.
...1 full risk loss (on today's vebo long) for me so far and currently short off today's vebo. Also in short swing 612.

Closed my eager long @11 for a small loss, that prod below 96 looks like its taken cable into an extended downside breakout, very likely to go sub 96 again I would of thought.

Sadly not with me onboard .

well, seems im not the only one. took a short intuitively, closed for -10 since i didnt find a rationale for the trade. only to go out for a walk, and realise had traded an inside bar break. too bad. simply didnt keep the eye on the ball. too bad. next one.

j