FX-2007: Jan 15 > Jan 19

hornblower said:
hi crap , no I just cannot say that
start again

Hi buddist , thats better

how much up side do you see on this move ?
seems not a lot to me !

Cheers Horn

New sessional highs, and it depends then if the market trades towards 1.9730. I'll post when I reverse at whatever O price it is when I see it. likely couple hours off yet.

I'm still long too but mindful of DC's 80 area now :cool: He has the power to move this thing I swear! Seems everyone is waiting for the short now so I'm on my guard. I hope it can get upto the 720 mark today, that would be really perfick for the start to the week.

Forex Broker Reveiws

Hi guys
You know how people are always asking for broker recommendations, I was contacted yesterday by someone who had been treated dreadfully by CMC and I suggested that he review them on places such as T2W so I was looking for some where suitable. Well TPTB here have added a section to the knowledge labs to do this (maybe this has been around for some time but I've only just noticed it myself).

Anyway I've posted a review/rant about OandA should anyone be interested. If you have an idle moment you may with to review your broker or brokers that you've had problems with. This could be a great resource if we get enough reviews in it.

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/forex/brokers/

Edit: in fact if you look at the latest CMC review you can see that he's already put the review in.

v useful a_g, especially your oanda review....can you rec an ECN? EFX has been in the spotlight on the boards recently...

ChowClown said:
v useful a_g, especially your oanda review....can you rec an ECN? EFX has been in the spotlight on the boards recently...

I use Interactive Brokers myself: their liquidity contributors include Deutsche Bank, UBS & Barcap. Other ECN's include Hotspot, Currenex & Coes thought there are probably others. I thought EFX had rather high commissions myself.

Last edited:
right, got a sprog to take care of. day over for me. taking home a bag of pips (ZERO). at least didnt lose them, so probably wont get one black eye.
catch u all tomorrow.

j

Morning all,

Gone long from 59, no reason for that number it was just the price when I got up :rolleyes:

As it happens the first resistance level from Pivs is at 84... all the things are stacking up from what DC called yesterday! Let's go with the flow and see what happens, good day to all

Last edited:
morning all

good luck Priceman. Im affraid i will have to hold out. conflictive signals on this side of the screen. still stiff resistance 9650-80, with a somewhat bullish signal.

SIgnals and triggers saying long, support-resistance method saying stay put. so sit on my hands.

j

Morning all. Got my short in at 9681. Looking initially for a run down to 9631, before the bounce to test 9730 Strong Res.

Good trading all.

Took my long off for +23 as it seems everyone else is short now. Will wait to see after the UK open and hope to get a better price for the short, then there's the news of course which could change everything!

Priceman said:
Took my long off for +23 as it seems everyone else is short now. Will wait to see after the UK open and hope to get a better price for the short, then there's the news of course which could change everything!

I heard a whisper yesterday that the figures are not half as bad as what we are expecting, which could be bad news for longs. Too tough to call though

hornblower said:
my 15 min, & 30 min chart shows its still a along
at the moment
Mine too mate but it makes me nervous when everyone else is talking about shorts. On the sidelines now for a little bit of brekky hehe

zuke said:
I heard a whisper yesterday that the figures are not half as bad as what we are expecting, which could be bad news for longs. Too tough to call though

Ah! but that is where there is a conumdrum.....you could say that a low figure is sterling positive because it means that the BOE moved rates for other reasons e.g. wage inflation and so there could be more hikes, whilst a high figure would suggest a pre-emptive strike which could be the last and therefore negative.

I'll just follow the price. I just hope that it just moves one way for the rest of the day

Good luck

Offshore Trader said:
Ah! but that is where there is a conumdrum.....you could say that a low figure is sterling positive because it means that the BOE moved rates for other reasons e.g. wage inflation and so there could be more hikes, whilst a high figure would suggest a pre-emptive strike which could be the last and therefore negative.

I'll just follow the price. I just hope that it just moves one way for the rest of the day

Good luck

Spot on OT, which is why I find trying to predict these things way beyond my capabilities. I just follow price.

zuke said:
Morning all. Got my short in at 9681. Looking initially for a run down to 9631, before the bounce to test 9730 Strong Res.

Good trading all.

Scaled out 1/2 my size at 9661 for +20.