How will GBPUSD fare this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hornblower said:
guys go to this site and learn to trade
http://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php
good luck

good recommendation, hb.
being a Linda Bradford Raschke fan, I read the "Bring Sexy back - stochastics" thread.
It is also a variation of the Jimmer Slingshot.
They are all pull-backs to the trend methods, which I first came across in her Street Smarts book, under "Holy Grail".

trendie said:
good recommendation, hb.
being a Linda Bradford Raschke fan, I read the "Bring Sexy back - stochastics" thread.
It is also a variation of the Jimmer Slingshot.
They are all pull-backs to the trend methods, which I first came across in her Street Smarts book, under "Holy Grail".

it just saves a lot of posting and explaining
kind regards
Hornblower

Word of caution about Forex factory, I like their site, but was hit with a virus while I was on there the otherday, they were hacked and caused some damage............... keep the fire walls up at max

geldmeister said:
Word of caution about Forex factory, I like their site, but was hit with a virus while I was on there the otherday, they were hacked and caused some damage............... keep the fire walls up at max

Me too, my pc froze and i had to restart it twice
:cry: . Very annoying. I didn't pick up a virus though......

geldmeister said:

that could explain why my machine went doo-lally recently. (I was desperate enough to start a thread about it)
as per JT, re-booting seemed to fix it, and no viruses were (apparently) found.

Mine went crazy as well, and it tried to install a program called downloader, which the anti-virus deemed as a high risk security attack. had to go off line, remove and reboot, to get my pc back up and going,

geldmeister said:

I had the same problem cmc closed down twice on its own
but unable to find a bug today

From my post in the other thread on Friday:

"I just took a short position on the USDCHF 15 minutes ago, and a long position on the USDJPY 2 minutes ago."

Sorry, I have been away the last few days.

I reversed my long position for the USDJPY on Monday for a profit of 53 pips. I have been short since and am currently up 142 pips.

My USDCHF position is doing quite well, as it is up 106 pips at the moment.

This software is really starting to turn out some major pips. I still am uneasy about going ahead with the autotrader though, I know I will worry and check on it constantly.

hi pipper,

how long have you been running this product?
do they give you the rules, or is it a black-box?
( the 6-monther for approx $500 is worth a shot - fairly low risk I think )

2be said:
Hi Trendie,
They seem to have a special promotion for the next 22hrs, just have been on their site provided by piper. Would like to know more. See this.
http://progressive.progressivefx.com/api/forex-trading-system/forex-trading-success.html

I wish they were offering that special when I signed up. :(

Still, my one year subscription was paid for long ago with it's signals. :cool:

I don't mean to get the thread off track, but I wish to answer Trendie's questions.

After using this system for about 3 months, it has become less like a black box system(which it is) and more transparent over time. The fact is, they are pretty open with how they operate and even have a forum for it's members to discuss strategies, the system, and the forex.

Now they have added an AutoTrading Bot, stop loss and take profit variables to their automated back tester, among other things in the short time I have owned the product. All updates were sent to me free of charge. I could not be more happy with my purchase(save the fact I didn't get their current deal... :confused:). I am certain I will subscribe to their lifetime package once my year is up!

Last edited:
To Whom It May Concern, ;)

an "whois" check, such as the follwoing:
http://www.who.is/domain_information-com/progressivefx.com/

can give some background info and contact info on the company.
the "Creation Date: 2007-01-09" may be misleading, as it may imply a change of server or something.
he has been online since 1998, with "Progressive Effects".
difficult to tell if this is a trading-dedicated person, or just a marketing website, since they offer "reseller" options.

the above should in no way imply they are anything other than legit. just some background.

might still be worth the 6-month shot.

EDIT: thanks pipper for the reply.

pipper said:
I wish they were offering that special when I signed up. :(

Still, my one year subscription was paid for long ago with it's signals. :cool:

I don't mean to get the thread off track, but I wish to answer Trendle's questions.

After using this system for about 3 months, it has become less like a black box system(which it is) and more transparent over time. The fact is, they are pretty open with how they operate and even have a forum for it's members to discuss strategies, the system, and the forex.

Now they have added an AutoTrading Bot, stop loss and take profit variables to their automated back tester, among other things in the short time I have owned the product. All updates were sent to me free of charge. I could not be more happy with my purchase(save the fact I didn't get their current deal... :confused:). I am certain I will subscribe to their lifetime package once my year is up!
Hi Pipper, How do you find their service and after sale care? Are they keen to assist if there are areas that the client would like to get help?

2be said:
Hi Pipper, How do you find their service and after sale care? Are they keen to assist if there are areas that the client would like to get help?

It has been pretty good. I have sent them 3 or 4 e-mails since purchase and they have answered my questions fully with in 1-2 business days. They have been reliable in that their service has not gone down since owning it(as far as I know, I don't know if anything has happened while I was offline).

Also, I can verify that their guarantee found here: http://progressive.progressivefx.com/api/forex-trading-system/forex-performance-guarantee.html
which claims their results and automated back tester are accurate to the pip, is indeed the truth. After watching and trading their live signals for both their "picks" and a few strategies from their top-1000, I went back and used their automated back tester to see if it came up with the same trades. Every time, the same trades are made with their back tester.

I can't tell you how comforting it has been to be able to back test a strategy, knowing it is completely accurate(and with in seconds).

They also have a forum, which I check out from time to time. Not a whole lot of discussion, but it seems to be getting more busy lately.

Elliott fans

Hi guys, well I don't have the same kind of resources as DC so I had to bail out on my short, now back where I got in but I ain't convinced at the mo so staying out. Here's the view from the Elliott boffs. Tried to get into this wave theory but just can't really see it. It seems that if you try hard enough you can see whatever you want and then make it fit a wave... Anyway, well done to all those who rode the pound up and then down.

All the best

Global Wrap: Pound For Pound
4/18/2007 9:08:28 AM

By Nico Isaac

When UK soccer sensation David Beckham kick-starts his five-year contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy team this July, he will become the highest paid sports figure in history, earning approximately $90 US for every SECOND he's on the field.

Well, turns out Golden Boots isn't the only British import looking more valuable on American soil than his native homeland: On April 17, UK's star currency player -- the British Pound -- crossed the $2 mark for the first time in 15 years.

In laymen's terms: ONE pint of beer in a local pub in England NOW costs the equivalent of an entire SIX-PACK of Budweiser.

Hard to swallow, we know.

As for why -- well, according to the mainstream "experts," recent strength in the British Pound is the direct result of "stronger than expected inflation figures in the UK." (Bloomberg)

More on this from the following April 17 BBC: The Sterling soars to a Fourteen-Year high against the US Dollar after "the Office for National Statistics revealed that consumer price inflation accelerated to 3.1% in March versus 2.8% in February. The rising CPI rate adds pressure for a further rise in official rates… A rise at the May Meeting is now a certainty."

Let's make sure we have this straight: the British Pound rallies on expectations that the Bank Of England will hike interest rates a fourth time this year?

That would be brilliant ---- IF, IF, IF the relationship between sterling and Bank of England's rate policy were as steady as Beck's penalty shot.

Historical data proves otherwise, as these stats make plain:

From 1984 to 1985, the Bank of England (BOE) adjusted rates upward from 8.8% to 13%, all the while Sterling suffered a sharp selloff to an all-time record low of $1.05 per US Dollar.
From 1989 to September 1992, the BOE slashed rates from 14.8% to 8.8% EVEN AS Sterling soared past the $2 mark to initiate the now infamous "Black Wednesday" of September 16, 1992: on this day, the Pound was ejected from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism after speculation drove prices out of its allowable daily range.
From 1998 to July 2003, the BOE cut rates from 7.5% to 3.5%, a period marked by a powerful, multi-year rally in the British Pound from 2002 until hitting a 12-year high against the US Dollar in 2005.
From November 2003 to January 2007, the BOE lifted rates from 3.75% to 5.25%. During this time, Sterling endured a severe downturn from 2005 to 2006 that saw its value hit a two-year low before reclaiming the upside.
Fact: there is no consistent correlation between major trend changes in the British Pound AND monetary tightening/loosening by the Bank of England.

Not to mention the other all-too-obvious point, namely: Saying that Sterling's jump past the $2 mark is the result of the April 17 UK inflation data is like saying that Beckham's entry into Major League Soccer Team puts him on the map of fame.

When the truth is, number 23 made that map in the first place.

Bottom line is this: When it comes to scoring points for spotting long-term trend changes in the major markets BEFORE they occur, the mainstream financial media tends to hit far more fouls than goals.

On the other hand, the March 30 Global Market Perspective's chapter on International Currency Relationships revealed that "sterling's push above the psychological 2.00 level" was only a matter of time.

Now, the question on everyone's mind is: how high will sterling fly? Elliott Wave International's Global Market Perspective offers an objective view you won't find anywhere else.

Okay, I just exited my USDJPY position for a profit of 111 pips. I am now short again.

USDCHF is up to +119 pips!

well, Priceman, I am definitely not the person to talk about EW stuff, but if you look at the monthly, what i see as being a fib expansion from low of wave 2 to high of wave 3, added to the low of wave 4, today's high hit 78% almost to the pip :eek:

comments Hornblower?

j

edit: the 100 expansio gets to 2.100 :eek: so if that is right 900 pips to go :-0

Attachments

• wave closes.gif
    wave closes.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 208
  • wave candles.gif
    wave candles.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 209
2be said:
Hi Trendie,
They seem to have a special promotion for the next 22hrs, just have been on their site provided by piper. Would like to know more. See this.
http://progressive.progressivefx.com/api/forex-trading-system/forex-trading-success.html

Hey,

I downloaded the progressive fx software about 2 weeks ago... its okay... So far it has done 3 out of 3 good trades on cable (over a 100 pips each!) and said short usdyen at 119.20 2 days ago. Initially went up to 119.70, but shot down.... so not too sure if you can call that a 100% good call! :) I am still watching it really to see how it goes. so unfortantley ahven't taken up any of its signals fully yet. slightly nervous still as said go short on eurusd at 1.3372, so it is now running at 300 pips wrong... but i guess that is why you have a SL! :)

same style move again tomorrow :cheesy: yes please

9974 etched in stone, anyone fancy a 2.0181 finish to the week

pipper said:
Okay, I just exited my USDJPY position for a profit of 111 pips. I am now short again.

USDCHF is up to +119 pips!
I'm a bit confussed here Pipper, a little further down you say you reversed your USDJPY from a long at about 119.30 to a short at about 119.84 (damn good shot, right on the high.) But this note says you have just closed for 111 pips profit and gone short. So, did you close your short and re-short or did you mean to say you had gone long?