hornblower said:
well i have a small short at 118 on cable
but I am flat at the moment
waiting for the us open

there is an old saying
better to be out of the market , and wishing you where in

than being in the market and wishing you where out

and at the moment I am just waiting , along with everyone else

very much the same here.........any expectations for the US open?

Trendie: I agree - was quite a bit of movement this morning - has settled now...

The Pearl Fisher said:
Sold GBP/USD at 2.0130 (looking for a slow reversal up to the US open)

SL 2.0180

TPF

Closed trade at 2.0105 (+25)

Not sure how much it will pullback from here, it’s a crucial time so I will close here to be safe.

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:
Closed trade at 2.0105 (+25)

Not sure how much it will pullback from here, it’s a crucial time so I will close here to be safe.

TPF

opened at 024 long, how wrong was I........

Not sure if it would be better to saty in until the US opens or close now........this learning curve is very steep!!!

Taking a step back for now. I seem to be running around like a headless chicken, in and out of the market, buying then selling no real direction. I’m trading like an armature. It also seems to be a meaningless exercise. Showing PIPS gained and lost is a meaningless demonstration without full account percentages and any risks being clearly displayed.

I will be returning to my longer time frame trading, which for me is much more profitable and much less stressful.

Enjoyed myself to some extent over past three weeks.

All the best.

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:
Taking a step back for now. I seem to be running around like a headless chicken, in and out of the market, buying then selling no real direction. I’m trading like an armature. It also seems to be a meaningless exercise. Showing PIPS gained and lost is a meaningless demonstration without full account percentages and any risks being clearly displayed.

I will be returning to my longer time frame trading, which for me is much more profitable and much less stressful.

Enjoyed myself to some extent over past three weeks.

All the best.

TPF

Cable has fallen now - why the sudden move in the market>

With Cable now approaching 2.0050 as I write I have to say "hats off to DC" for holding firm with his position.

I'm short on cable and DC's position had given me added confidence. Also short EUR/JPY which is something else due for a heathly correction and FTSE and DAX incidentally. It's been a nice day and stops set to ensure that it will be :cheesy:

does anybody follow wasps frighteneingly simple method?
( I dont, but am wondering WHY, since its so simple)

Attachments

• wasp001.GIF
    wasp001.GIF
    69.5 KB · Views: 241
I see Trendline support & the 50 MA on the hourly at 1.9996 and the 23.6 fib retracement of the move from 1.9590 to 2.0130 at 2.0003, add psychological value of the 2.0000 level and this whole area should be pretty solid support

trendie said:
does anybody follow wasps frighteneingly simple method?
( I dont, but am wondering WHY, since its so simple)

Frigteningly simple method ? Sounds ideal !

What is it exactly ?

Ziff

Ziff said:
Frigteningly simple method ? Sounds ideal !

What is it exactly ?

Ziff

wasp has a journal somewhere.

( he uses 2 Hull Moving Averages - 1 set to 12-Open and another set to 12-Close. (or something similar)
Hull Moving Averages were first used here on T2W by a guy called FXIgor with his Trend-Slope Retracement - FXIgor also has a thread, and where the Hull-MAs are posted. )

trendie said:

( he uses 2 Hull Moving Averages - 1 set to 12-Open and another set to 12-Close. (or something similar)
Hull Moving Averages were first used here on T2W by a guy called FXIgor with his Trend-Slope Retracement - FXIgor also has a thread, and where the Hull-MAs are posted. )

AIUI Wasp prefers to trade on longer time-frames than 15 mins. He uses 4 hours and daily IIRC and has the whole thing automated. Didn't know about the 12-open, I thought it was 12 and 13 both of the close.

trendie said:

Thanks Trendie - I will check it out.

I also had the impression it was the 12 open and 12 close.

I've tried using his method, from what i can make out from his journal, but maybe i don't understand the finer nuances as i was struggling a bit with it. Like most MA crossover methods it seemed to struggle a bit in choppy conditions. Like i say, maybe my execution of it was somewhat off. I've recently added a trend filter to the 4H chart when trading it on the 15 and that seems to have helped me well so far.