How will GBPUSD fare this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hornblower said:
decided to give cable a miss today
long on the dax and s&p since 8am this morning
trader tom had the dax as a short
just goes to show even if you are a big name you can still get it wrong

Lovely trading HB the indices are trending much more than fx in the european zone at the mo. I've probably made twice as much in last fortnight on those than fx. Unfortunately I missed most of the move this morning, just got the tail end on the S&P and did FTSE which moved nowhere near as much as the DAX

Offshore Trader said:
Lovely trading HB the indices are trending much more than fx in the european zone at the mo. I've probably made twice as much in last fortnight on those than fx. Unfortunately I missed most of the move this morning, just got the tail end on the S&P and did FTSE which moved nowhere near as much as the DAX

s &p passed my target a 1461
the dax was looking for 40/ 50 points but its shot passed that as well
not sure when to close them

bird in the hand springs to mind

just going to sit and chew my nails for a while

hornblower said:
closed dax 7330

edit closed S & P @ 1464

Ditto HB. Feel the same about S&P and Cable. I think markets are pencillng in that rise in UK rates ahead of next month.

I'm beginning to think come close of market today or tomorrow will be the telling to see if these rises are held or not.

Surprised to see Gold and Oil come off their highs as I would expect them both to rise if rise in indeces and fall in $ had any conviction.

Watching & waiting meaning I'm doing the garden compost shuffles at the mo.

One question for the FAs, if the Japaneese carry trades come to a gradual end I would assume $ will fall and the Yen will fall too. But what can the Japaneese do with their Yens if markets saturated?

I would guess GBPJPY and EURJPY still have some way to rise as both in UK and ECB rates likely to rise.

Not a strong feeling about these just thoughts. :rolleyes:

Morning all - very quiet board lately !

I've been suffering lately trying to short DAX, FTSE and S&P, am still in a short on DAX from 7325 which this morning looks like it may provide some relief.

ZEW is expected to rise so here's hoping NOT ;)

See EURJPY finally a little lower............ hope you got some Jacinto. Personally I missed it having been stopped out of the last 3 shorts I had told myself to stop trying to stand in front of a moving train, and of course that was enough to ensure a downturn. :(

Good luck all.

hi 29
going to give cable a miss, as it may have limited upside and downside, looking to trade the
dax S & P
as they may have more up side, and it may shoot down , I live in hope
I will trade them either way
good luck everyone, with your trading

is EURJPY more smoother in its moves, with regards to gentle changes from uptrend to downtrend, or is it my imagination?
( I have started looking at it and using it as a sort of "rudder" to gauge cable moves)

Trendie EUR/JPY and cable are the only two currency pairs I trade. I would say you don't get the spikes as much on EUR/JPY but then again Cable has completely changed in the last 6 months as prior to that there were lots of decent one-way moves. I hope it goes back to that soon.

In summary, I would say that EUR/JPY is a little less erratic but can be difficult around US news as a falling/rising USD causes confusion on the crosses.

hi 29,

missed it completely. was in front of the screen last night when trying to break the high. decided to pass for the same reason as you. was in front of the screen this AM when it was at 161.95 and also passed for the same reasons. will look into buying the dips later on. still dont think there is a reversal there. for a reversal, i would look into the weekly chart, not even the daily for that. lets see how 161 takes it. could give a new long to test the highs. im actually thinking that now could be the time for a long. will wait for the 4hr bar and the following 60 min bar to close to assess if we are going back up to the highs.

cable, well, think Hornblower resumes my thoughts about this pair. think there are scalping opps, but thats about it (could be completely wrong, as i typically am). feel the market is waiting to see the news and particularly BOE minutes to assess if if the bank has more tightening or if this was it. I personally think there is at least 1 more rate rise, if not 2. and as a hunch, dont think it will get to 2.000. dont ask, just a feeling.

happy trading

j

Last edited:
If EUR/JPY is going to breakdown it needs to get below 161.30 preferably in the next 20 mins. The gap from Friday's close is acting as strong support. I'm short from 16175 but stop at b/e

u r " short from 16175 but stop at b/e"

and now ?

Attachments

• EURJPY_URSHORT_SURE.jpg
    EURJPY_URSHORT_SURE.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 238
u r " short from 16175 but stop at b/e" part II

how long does it take to wake up ?

Attachments

• EURJPY_URSHORT_SURE.jpg
    EURJPY_URSHORT_SURE.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 222
Tell me something Pssonice

does the word RESPECT exist in German?

edit: could you please translate into German the following statement:

THIS IS A FRIENDLY THREAD AND WE TREAT EACH OTHER WITH RESPECT.

Once translated, can you please explain what part of the sentence is it that you still fail to understand.

PSsonice your correct if not very courteous observation is correct. I closed at 52, as it failed to break through the gap level.

Eyes down for cable now, I hope we see a move and not just a spike

pssonice said:
what does this sentence mean ?
spike up or a spike down.

I hate to read such kind unclear sententences

I trade on breakouts, so it doesn't matter which way it moves. As a breakout trader though, spikes just cost me money as I get into positions and then get stopped out when they return to the range. I need moves like the one we just saw where the market moves and stays or continues

29Investments said:
Everyone else knows what he means

You're just a t@sser
Get lost and stop ruining our thread
seconded.

"I hate to read such kind unclear sententences". :LOL:

and back to the plot... should be nice playing the bounces off 2.0 today, plus any breakthrough on volume.

29Investments said:
Everyone else knows what he means

You're just a t@sser
Get lost and stop ruining our thread

Yes I know what it means.

I also know what a t@sser is and agree with you 100% that he is a very good example of one.

P1ssonice dude, why don't you post your thoughts and charts about your trades instead of commenting on other peoples?

Wake up and stop hiding behind your stupidity and come out to play with the rest of us!

I mean that in a nice way. :)