Currency trading (Sept. 18th > 22nd)

Cables close on Friday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Priceman said:
I have got +48 so far on cable, I love these type of days where prices go where you want it to... probably as I'm the only one in there that's why !! I was much more confused yesterday.

Everyone has their own preference and their own style and different types of days work better for some than others. Yesterday was perfect for me but I can't help but lose today yet others like your good self, are doing very well out of it.

Nice one Priceman.

Any of you chaps get that move on cable ? This f'in job gets in the way ! Typically someone wants something as the move starts, (just happened to be my girlfriend who works at the same place !)

Currently short, looking back towards 850 ish...

ChowClown said:
Forward testing (minute stakes) a 3hr trendline break method - now short @830, sl 870, tgt 730.
Stopped out on the 3hr. 4hr TLB long now from 835, tgt 930, sl 803. Also long from this morning's bo setup @862.

with 2 mins to go to clsoe of 15-bar, is there a pin-bar forming? (short)
how big does the nose need to be for a pin? (eyes fairly level)

trendie said:
with 2 mins to go to clsoe of 15-bar, is there a pin-bar forming? (short)
how big does the nose need to be for a pin? (eyes fairly level)
I'm looking,I'm looking... I see what you mean mate but I'm just worried they want to position for the decision later so maybe it'll drive higher for a while... I'm out of this short if it don't move down on the next 15 min bar

breakout anyone?

Attachments

• tri.gif
    tri.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 215
Repeat after me... I will not try to pick tops or bottoms !! Got out of the short for a small loss (-15), now long.... you watch it plummet !

Priceman said:
Repeat after me... I will not try to pick tops or bottoms !! Got out of the short for a small loss (-15), now long.... you watch it plummet !

Guess I'll stick to MAs for the time being.
Its quite expensive trying to be intelligent - I shall stick to being an MA-thicko.

EDIT: I was referring to my own premature call for a short, not to Pricemans call.!!

Priceman said:

Your short attempt was plenty justified at the time IMO Priceman. From a triangle point of view (if it is one of course ;) ) that was perfectly plausible and the extra 10 up could be stop hunting before the drop.

I wouldn't kick yourself for it. Can't win em all...

trendie said:
Guess I'll stick to MAs for the time being.
Its quite expensive trying to be intelligent - I shall stick to being an MA-thicko.

EDIT: I was referring to my own premature call for a short, not to Pricemans call.!!

Noooooooooo don't use MA's Trendie, they are lagging remember, god forbid money can be made from them... Now, use a Hull MA with a candlestick twist and your laughing :cheesy:

EDIT: Its so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel!

wasp said:
Noooooooooo don't use MA's Trendie, they are lagging remember, god forbid money can be made from them... Now, use a Hull MA with a candlestick twist and your laughing :cheesy:

EDIT: Its so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel!

MAs DO work - the secret is choosing the right colour for the line. I use Pale Turquise.
Changed my life. :LOL:

Chaps, anyone know what happens with the city boys in London when these announcements are going to be made ? Do they work late and take positions when the news happens or do they rely on their US oppo's to do the biz for them, presumably if it's a large firm they have people in the US that deal...

Priceman said:
Chaps, anyone know what happens with the city boys in London when these announcements are going to be made ? Do they work late and take positions when the news happens or do they rely on their US oppo's to do the biz for them, presumably if it's a large firm they have people in the US that deal...

Books are split between traders around the world. It's not like equities, where each person/desk has their own book and their own P/L.

Thanks for the reply City bound,

Anyone still out there waiting for this news... what's gonna happen then ? Already priced in ? I hope it decides quickly so I can get to the pub for the Pool V Toon match ;)

Its going up up up and away........... mark my words! (and fade me :cheesy: )

Well CMC just royally rogered me on their quotes, had another window open with Finspreads... yes would you believe it Finspreads... and they were keeping pace ! CMC was all over the place and I clicked and waited for at least 2-3mins for each trade, then the requotes...

must look again at who to go with !

thought it was finished and going down.
got skewered on the upthrust.
(switching colours to Pastel Green)

Priceman said:
Well CMC just royally rogered me on their quotes, had another window open with Finspreads... yes would you believe it Finspreads... and they were keeping pace ! CMC was all over the place and I clicked and waited for at least 2-3mins for each trade, then the requotes...

must look again at who to go with !

If you want to trade news or volitilty....You must trade EUR/USD Futures....CMC are ok on quiet markets. Any spreadbet firm/bucket shops, will make you life hard on volatility.