Currency trading (Sept. 18th > 22nd)

Cables close on Friday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wasp said:
Worked out nice in the end eh Priceman!
not bad mate, didnt' quite want it to go that far down actually but maybe it's them across the water getting in position for a massive upwards move again tomorrow... or they know something we don't and it's gonna plummet ! Who knows, we just trade what we see hey

Enjoying this NOK ride DC?

sure am, needs some serious looking at once I get some previous data, must remember the huge spreads at news time though

Priceman said:
not bad mate, didnt' quite want it to go that far down actually but maybe it's them across the water getting in position for a massive upwards move again tomorrow... or they know something we don't and it's gonna plummet ! Who knows, we just trade what we see hey

Certainly wasn't expecting it to drop back that much either so took me dollars off the table, get back in the morning... trade what you see indeed!

dc2000 said:
sure am, needs some serious looking at once I get some previous data, must remember the huge spreads at news time though

Great market ain't it... The spreads can be a pain but the size of the movements certainly makes it worthwhile. Bit like trading cable pre 2004 but with a slightly larger spread!

trendie said:
are we allowed to mention "pin-bars" ? ( and DBLHC and DBHLC )
was the last hourly-bar on cable a pin-bar for a short ?
( YYYEEEAAAAHHHH - price action ) ;)

watch it rocket up!

More James and Vegas fans?? ;) :D

Morning all, breakout orders in 862 long, 823 short. A 3hr long PA set up from yesterday is still in play, just, with a target of 920.

neil said:
More James and Vegas fans?? ;) :D
Ok chaps, you had me reading james' stuff last night and there's so many of these bars around... one just appeared on the 15min cable...

good trading all, here's to some massive moves today then !

ChowClown said:
...was that the 'pin' at the 7:30 bar?
well I am actually short at the moment with the two high candles not breaching higher at 45 and 47...

PS and it's on the hourly aswell...

..ah yes, another DBHLC on the 15 just printed - not sure how much credence James gives to the 15min, he seems to prefer daily? There were similar short setups on the 15 all over the place before the news yesterday morning, which knocked 'em out upside good and proper!

ChowClown said:

the Pin-bar reminds me of the Gimme bar, that is described in Trading-Naked website.
I think Joe Ross ebook describes it, but I came across it first with BunnyGirl.

My understanding is that the Pin-bar is more valuable when market is ranging, and when it pierces bollinger-bands.
Dunno if that helps.
http://www.trading-naked.com/JoeRossGimmeeBarSetup.htm

..ah yes, another DBHLC on the 15 just printed - not sure how much credence James gives to the 15min, he seems to prefer daily? There were similar short setups on the 15 all over the place before the news yesterday morning, which knocked 'em out upside good and proper!

Yes that' what I thought but just got me a nice scalp of 15 ;)

the Pin-bar reminds me of the Gimme bar, that is described in Trading-Naked website.
I think Joe Ross ebook describes it, but I came across it first with BunnyGirl.

My understanding is that the Pin-bar is more valuable when market is ranging, and when it pierces bollinger-bands.
Dunno if that helps.
[url]http://www.trading-naked.com/JoeRossGimmeeBarSetuphtml[/url]

Trendie, gimme bars....came across bunny girl naked... are you sure this is the site you should be on mate ;)

...good start to your day priceman. BO has me in short from 823 - keen to get stops to be on this one! Discretion favours long today.

Don't want to see cable below 8800 or it's short all the way for me... depends on BOE notes too of course...

ChowClown said:
...good start to your day priceman. BO has me in short from 823 - keen to get stops to be on this one! Discretion favours long today.
...stop to be. Bounce highly likely from here imo.

Nicked a few both directions there... I am still not convinced either way at the mo, so just scalping till BOE news then USA news later... indicators saying long... how often are they wrong :rolleyes:

Morning all. I only have a short position on USD/JPY from 117.56 which is currently +40. Still deciding whther to actually trade Cable or wait until after the news. My bias is Long, but I need to wait for further confirmation after 10am.

The "eyes" have it

ChowClown said:

7.45 and 8am (15minute bars) were double tops - next bar initiated a short?

7.30am bar - the nose was too short to be a pin bar and the bar on its' left? it's low is too far down the body of the pin bar thus "eyes" way out of line.......check he pin bar threads ;)